• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General How would you design the new 5.5 (whatever) ed PHB cover? Art!

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
@dave2008 had the great of idea of making our own covers!

So, I drew this while I was covering the receptionist desk while he was off to the restroom. TMI?

Don't worry about talent or skill! What have you got! Be it on a piece of printer paper, a sticky note, your tablets art software, AI art, your kids water colors.. whatever!

Here we have the evil Lich King astride his Red Dracolich! He is attempting to destroy some meddling adventures consisting of a Fighter blocking a jet of dragonsbreath! A wizard casting an attack spell! A Rogue preparing to fire an arrow! And last but not least a Dwarf Cleric calling upon his deity for aid! Probably in some deep dark dungeon that houses this undead monarch's legion of undead! Just imagine it in full colorful master artist glory, as I imagine it in some sort of 2E style like Elmore or Easley!

IMG_3415.jpeg

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
I also really like the standard cover for the PHB.

However, in the spirit of this thread’s premise, I think another reall neat idea for a PHB cover would be a shot of an adventuring group comprising of different species and classes from the book looking up ready to fight something. Said something would be a dragon who’s head is casting a shadow over the entire party and the group around them.

Remove ads