• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General How would you design the new 5.5 (whatever) ed PHB cover? Art!

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
unless they are leather bound colectors edition, they will break down eventually.

my 3.5 PHB is just a page salad now.

I mean sure if you want a copy to sit on a shelf, I guess. Can get a used eBay copy for like $30.

Or just use Pathfinder 1st ed.

Point being, 5E is about to be wholly replaced with 5.5. Just like 3.5 and PF, the original 3rd ed book is just a shelf sitter for those who need every edition even if they don’t see use.

Which is fine. I still have copies of 1 and 2E core 3. Though I do try to get a short campaign with AD&D in once every couple of years

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I also like something like these that give a sense of danger in exploration
junk2.jpg
junk.jpg

ezo

I cast invisibility
Frankly, pretty much anything here is better than the new 2024 PHB cover IMO.

AI generated art also looks better than most of the "new" stuff out there to me. I have no issues with it or people who want to use it.

ezo

I cast invisibility
You need to look closer. The vast majority of it is only good at a glance. Any level of inspection reveals pretty terrible flaws almost instantly.
I do, often.

Most AI generators have gotten to the point that at normal viewing/print sizes, any "flaws" are not noticable--and many simply don't have them (especially "terrible flaws"--like extra fingers or arms, etc.). Frankly, it will continue to improve.

What you're claiming might have been the case a year ago, but simply isn't at this point IME. Finally, any minor issues can easily be corrected by a graphic artist, much more quickly and for less cost.

Remove ads