• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Check Out This Preview of the ADVENTURES IN MIDDLE EARTH Loremaster's Guide

The (PDF version of) the Adventures in Middle Earth Loremaster's Guide is about to drop - it releases tomorrow, and will be available at the usual places. Cubicle 7 has sent along a preview of the contents page from the book. The Loremaster's Guide is the "DMG" to the Player's Guide's "PHB". "The quest that began with the Player’s Guide continues in this lavishly illustrated, hardcover. The Loremaster’s Guide presents inspiration, guidance and additional new rules to help you create and run encounters, adventures and campaigns in the world of The Hobbit ™ and The Lord of the Rings ™, using the 5th Edition OGL ruleset. Packed with information, this volume is an invaluable resource for your games."

The (PDF version of) the Adventures in Middle Earth Loremaster's Guide is about to drop - it releases tomorrow, and will be available at the usual places. Cubicle 7 has sent along a preview of the contents page from the book. The Loremaster's Guide is the "DMG" to the Player's Guide's "PHB". "The quest that began with the Player’s Guide continues in this lavishly illustrated, hardcover. The Loremaster’s Guide presents inspiration, guidance and additional new rules to help you create and run encounters, adventures and campaigns in the world of The Hobbit ™ and The Lord of the Rings ™, using the 5th Edition OGL ruleset. Packed with information, this volume is an invaluable resource for your games."

Adventures in Middle-earth Loremasters Guide contents-2000.jpg

Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide contains:
  • Extensive setting information for Wilderland
  • A comprehensive guide to Lake-town
  • Advice on theme and building your character group before the game begins
  • Notes on the Adventuring phase, inspiration, rests and more!
  • Expanded journey rules, including guidance on narrating Middle-earth journeys
  • Information to help you create your own journey tables
  • A guide to creating and playing NPCs, and a gallery of NPCs for your games
  • A Wilderland bestiary of adversaries
  • New rules for customising monsters and using scenery in battle
  • Notes on treasure in Middle-earth, magic items and weapons
  • A guide to offering expanded magic options
  • Advice on running the Fellowship phase, patrons, sanctuaries and undertakings

You'll find it on C7's page at DTRPG tomorrow, or on C7's own webstore.
SaveSave

Zarithar

Adventurer
Seems like they are missing some entries from that bestiary. Where are the barrow-wights, dragons, ents, fell beasts, crebain, wargs, etc? What about mundane creatures like bears and wolves? I guess those can just be taken from the Monster Manual (did I just answer my own question here)? It seems kind of sparse. If the quality however is anywhere near the player's guide however, I am sure I will be picking it up!

vilainn6

Explorer
they copied the bestiary of the One Ring corebook. The wights, dragons and co. came later and it seem they have similar plan for AIME.

mykesfree

Adventurer
Great Book and some interesting ideas to take from Adventures in Middle Earth to bring to your 5E game. The monster extras abilities and Magic Items are a neat different take.

unnatural 20

Explorer
I think it has something to do with the Middle Earth license and the Tolkien estate. I think Cubicle 7 is only allowed to make RPG books. Warner Brothers or someone has the Tolkien video game license and that is what they consider Fantasy Grounds for all intents and purposes.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it has something to do with the Middle Earth license and the Tolkien estate. I think Cubicle 7 is only allowed to make RPG books. Warner Brothers or someone has the Tolkien video game license and that is what they consider Fantasy Grounds for all intents and purposes.

Similar to why FFG couldn't release Star Wars PDFs.

Remove ads

Remove ads