• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall Just so I can line up my brain to the round we are on. In what round of the new combat did Vitas post? I'm assuming it was just before round 1 because it's not my turn in the initiative yet?
Round 1 is equal to what would have been round 11 of the previous combat. So, in this post of your round by round summary of what you wanted Vitus to do (starting with your round 1 [round 8]), this would be your action for round 1 from your spoiler...
Sustain on the Knight, Big Tim, Akos and Spritewing(so rockhorn doesn't have to worry about them)
You weren't able to get to casting detect magic, which would have been the next round.

Vitus was dazed in round 8 (since he came after the bugbear in the old initiative order), helped Vinny in round 9, attuned the genie and knight in round 10, and cast sustain in round 11 (the new round 1) just as the Loyalist come through the other portal into the temple to the northwest.

I'm going to roll initiative for them right now. Assume that the living altar called out its warning when the first Loyalists passed through the portal into that temple.

If you would rather not cast sustain on the genie and the knight, you can make that choice.

EDIT: Calling out to Ting would be a free action.

Round 1 is equal to what would have been round 11 of the previous combat. So, in this post of your round by round summary of what you wanted Vitus to do (starting with your round 1 [round 8]), this would be your action for round 1 from your spoiler...

You weren't able to get to casting detect magic, which would have been the next round.

Vitus was dazed in round 8 (since he came after the bugbear in the old initiative order), helped Vinny in round 9, attuned the genie and knight in round 10, and cast sustain in round 11 (the new round 1) just as the Loyalist come through the other portal into the temple to the northwest.

I'm going to roll initiative for them right now. Assume that the living altar called out its warning when the first Loyalists passed through the portal into that temple.

If you would rather not cast sustain on the genie and the knight, you can make that choice.

EDIT: Calling out to Ting would be a free action.
Thank you. I definitely need to cast sustain on the Knight if he is going to follow us and not starve to death. Hopefully he doesn’t die of old age when he comes through the portal. Does he understand that this might happen??? He will age 100 years upon stepping through.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Thank you. I definitely need to cast sustain on the Knight if he is going to follow us and not starve to death. Hopefully he doesn’t die of old age when he comes through the portal. Does he understand that this might happen??? He will age 100 years upon stepping through.
You did cast attune form on him, so he'll be fine for as long as that spell lasts.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I've added the bad guys to the initiative order.

@Aust Thale sent me his initiative roll for Falen through FB messenger. (He rolled a 16.) @MetaVoid, I still need a initiative roll for Rockhorn. Whenever you can. I'm still finishing my breakfast/lunch.

Pegasus weighs 1500 lbs. Size reduction reduces it by a factor of 8. So...250 with barding?

Rolled init on discord, got 13. H
I will post after I sleep some, thanking Akos, levitating Spritewing in round 8, getting stuff Akos liberated from the cleric and moving out on 10 or 11, pulling Spritewing along

Last edited:

@Knightfall I may have applied the bloodline levels wrong

From the bloodline page: The character doesn't gain any abilities, spells known, or spells per day from the addition of his bloodline levels, though—only the calculations of his level-based abilities are affected.
This is critical part that doesn't include casters:
the stunning attacks of a 3rd-level monk with one bloodline level have a save DC equal to 12 (10 + one-half class level) plus her Wisdom modifier, since the bloodline level is treated as if it were a monk class level when calculating the save DC. A 3rd-level monk/3rd-level sorcerer with two bloodline levels would be treated as a 5th-level spellcaster and a 5th-level monk for determining level-based abilities.

The examples given are all for caster level DC and such so I ignored it...but level-based abilities are my beast companion abilities. I was reading it again checking that levitate power for limitations.
I still don't get 5th level second companion...but my existing companion should (I think) have the abilities of 6th level adept (4 levels + 2 bloodline) - which would make Spritewing 8HD creature...

If this reading is correct, could we, pretty please, have Spritewing "unparalyze" suddenly :)
I'm OK if he remains inactive, after all it is my mistake in reading of the rules.

I'll delay posting for a day to see what, if anything, changes

Remove ads