• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Gah! I messed up the damage that Falen will take from the living altar. It won't be as high as I posted. I'll look up the right numbers in the morning. I've been watching Arrow all night. Time to go to sleep.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Any character/creature with 2 to 6 HD is dazed for one round, has their Strength score reduced by 8 for 5 rounds, and is paralyzed for 10 minutes.
Paralyzed for 10 MINUTES, not ROUNDS.
Spritewing is not carrying, but needs carrying 😀

A reminder: Those under vitality should have non-lethal reduced along with normal damage.

Akos cannot remove paralysis 😞
Vernal touch - removes dazed, nauseated, fatigued and exhausted...no spells, restoration won't help

A reminder: Those under vitality should have non-lethal reduced along with normal damage.

Vernal touch - removes dazed, nauseated, fatigued and exhausted...no spells, restoration won't help
@MetaVoid how much does spritewing weigh? I know she’s medium sized. Vitus or one of the other characters could fireman carry her once the strength damage wears off. Is she the size of a riding dog?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sorry, why is he taking damage? Is he attuning to Ting?
Yes, the living altar is attempting to attune Ting to Falen.

@Aust Thale, if Falen accepts the process without resisting, then he automatically takes 3d6 lethal damage. If you would prefer Falen to resist, roll a DC 16 Will saving throw. On a successful save, the damage is halved and is only nonlethal.

If Falen accepts the process, he gains the psicrystal as a temporary companion. Ting already has set stats and its own powers, which I will control, but it will listen to Falen more often than not. I will post the psicrystal's stats on the campaign guide, but only Falen will know its full potential.

f Falen resists, the process is incomplete. There is still a connection, but the psicrystal will be more willful and Falen will have to either use Diplomacy to get the construct to do what he wants (or Intimidate it). Also, with a lesser connection, the psicrystal will go inert if more than 30 feet away from Falen. It will hover in place and begin to lose its lifeforce.

If Falen resists, the posted stats will be in a spoiler for my eyes only.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

I was going to note this last night before going to bed, but it slipped my mind until I was almost asleep. The PCs need to get the petrified wizard and Spritewing to safety.

Also, I noted in my post that the unicorn cannot be dismissed back to its place of origin unless Akos makes a caster level check against the portal room's built-in Spell/Power Resistance (25) against leaving the sanctuary using magic/psionics. While it is possible to enter the portal room with such abilities, its SR/PR is designed to prevent leaving the room in any way other than walking out the door.

So, if Akos had summoned the unicorn directly into portal room, it would have worked without restriction. But, once a summoned creature's time is up, it remains trapped in the sanctuary unless the character who summoned it beats the room's SR/PR.

Now, if Akos makes the check, he will force the unicorn back to its place of origin. If he fails the check, the PCs will have to get the unicorn out of the room into the corridor for Akos' dismissal to finish properly. On a roll of 1, both Akos and the unicorn takes 1d6 points of untyped lethal damage.

This makes summoning creatures into the portal room (or bringing them into the room after being summoned) a very dangerous "trap" for those fighting the summoned creature and for the creature itself. If a summoned creature is defeated in the room, it dies unless the caster level check is made.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@MetaVoid how much does spritewing weigh? I know she’s medium sized. Vitus or one of the other characters could fireman carry her once the strength damage wears off. Is she the size of a riding dog?
I don't think the Dungeonbred Template calculates the reduction in weight. I don't have time to check. I have an appointment today, and I need to finish having lunch.

A medium sized creature weighs anywhere from 60 to 500 lb. Let's assume around 280 lbs unless @MetaVoid knows the exact amount.

Later.

Remove ads