• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Delve from Bob World Builder and Others

overgeeked

B/X Known World

Launched today and already sitting at over 700% funded. Delve is for D&D 5E and Shadowdark.

The contributors are: Professor DM from Dungeon Craft, Ginny Di, D&D Shorts (Ryoko's Guide to the Yokai Realms), Dungeon Dad, Baron De Ropp from Dungeon Masterpiece, Mike Shea from Sly Flourish (Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master, Forge of Foes, etc), Pointy Hat, Bob's wife Grace, Runehammer (Index Card RPG, Viking Death Squad, etc), Bob World Builder, and Kelsey Dionne from Arcane Library (Shadowdark).

Overview in the video below.

Congrats, Bob. Can’t wait to see it.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
How many of these books can the market support? There's literally another one KSing right now and about 1896 available on DRRPG.

mamba

Legend
How many of these books can the market support? There's literally another one KSing right now and about 1896 available on DRRPG.
are you talking about the Kobold one? Given that they both got funded within minutes, there seems to be enough interest

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
are you talking about the Kobold one? Given that they both got funded, within minutes there seems to be enough interest
My guess is Delve will do better because YouTube is a more profitable platform, regardless of whether the design is better. To be honest, I am pretty soured on runaway crowd funded projects just because people get lots of views. Being a good D&D communicator doesn't mean you can actually make good game material, and vice versa.

But, hey, industries shift. That's life.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
KP made 105k on the first day, Delve is at 77k with the night ahead (US), which is slower, so going by that they probably end up about equal from what we can say so far
Maybe, but KP videos generally get dozens of views, while BWB videos get tens of thousands. My guess is that KP got the vast majority of their backers on Day 1, while BWB will continue to add backers over time because they have a strong platform.

Remove ads