• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC and Buy.com

Pbartender

First Post
Lurker59 said:
Also you should probably note that buy.com doesn't allow pre-orders to be canceled, at least according to the website. You may not be able to cancel your order at this point.

How so?

Canceling backordered or preordered items
You can request a cancelation anytime before your item ships and we will make every effort to honor your cancelation request. If your order has already entered the shipment process, however, we might not be able to cancel it and it might ship despite your request. If this happens, simply refuse the order or contact us for a RMA.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Shipping order shouldn't be fulfilled based on shipping method. It should be based on date of order. 1st in, 1st out rule. This is typical business practice. When you pay for expedited shipping you are paying for the cost of the shipping type, not the speed in which an order itself is processed. For example Standard Shipping is UPS or USPS ground (3-5 days delivery depending on here you are). Expedited shipping is paying to get it in 2 or less days via an express carrier. A customer who pre-orders months in advance (with any shipping method) shouldn't be trumped by someone ordering it a few days early with expedited shipping. Sorry - poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

PS: BTW, I am not on super-saver.

Lizard

Explorer
ShadowyFigure said:
And now I luagh at all the silly people who bailed out of there other preorder :D :D

(Nelson Muntz)Hah hah!(/Nelson Muntz)

I'm buying mine at my FLGS, where I get a 10% discount on everything and personal emails from the owner whenever anything he thinks I might like crosses his desk. Collectors set there is about 70 bucks, a bit more than Amazon, but no shipping AND I support local business that hosts active Magic and D&D leagues.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Jeff Wilder said:
I don't know if it's still the policy, but for the last year or more of 3.5 books, Amazon didn't ship until about 10 days after the street release.

It's just one incident so it doesn't say much, but I ordered KotS from Amazon and it arrived on the 20th. I'm hoping the core books will follow suit and arrive on the 6th!

Andur

First Post
Smae here Lizard, FLGS with "customer care" all the way...

"FLGS" Collector Set $120.00...

includes:

Core rulebooks
2 Dungeons of Dread booster packs
4 booster packs of choice of any earlier sets in stock
1 set of dungeon tiles
1 set of dice

And when I go to pick it up, they usually throw in a free comic or two, and there will be gaming of some sort to be done on top of it all..

hexgrid

Explorer
Khaalis said:
Shipping order shouldn't be fulfilled based on shipping method. It should be based on date of order. 1st in, 1st out rule. This is typical business practice. When you pay for expedited shipping you are paying for the cost of the shipping type, not the speed in which an order itself is processed. For example Standard Shipping is UPS or USPS ground (3-5 days delivery depending on here you are). Expedited shipping is paying to get it in 2 or less days via an express carrier. A customer who pre-orders months in advance (with any shipping method) shouldn't be trumped by someone ordering it a few days early with expedited shipping. Sorry - poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

For Super Saver shipping on Amazon, the help page says "may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center(s)."

I think all the paid methods work as you describe, though.

AZRogue

First Post
hexgrid said:
For Super Saver shipping on Amazon, the help page says "may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center(s)."

I think all the paid methods work as you describe, though.

Yeah. While, in practice, it usually doesn't matter selecting Free shipping is supposed to add an extra 3 to 5 days of processing time to the order so that it's shipped later than any of the other methods.

From HERE

I chose Standard shipping with Amazon and it's shown a ship date of the 6th since Feb.

Last edited:

Stomphoof

First Post
I put in my order and it states my expected arrival date is the 10th, since I chose 2 day shipping for my order. This is amazon btw, for the Gift Box set (mmmm 3 books!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads