• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS WotBS query: Pre-campaign evecuations of Gate Pass? (Spoileriffic)

GenLang

First Post
Before the army lands on their doorstep and the gates shut, how are people fleeing Gate Pass?

Also, if you don't go through the fireforest, how would one otherwise get to Lyceum? The maps I have don't make it very clear how one gets between the two points.

I just /know/ the PCs are going to ask how Torrent got to Gate pass to begin with, plus one of my PCs has an NPC mentor who likely evacuated Gate pass with a bunch of orphans and I'd like a safe direction to send him so my PC isn't having to worry ICly about them. (I'd be freaking ICly too, in his shoes!)

Thanks in advance! :)

Flee east into Shahalesti and catch a boat. That's fine at first, but eventually the elves/eladrin (3e/4e) get pissed at the influx of refugees.*

Flee west into Ragesia and head for one of the passes into Dassen. Before the Ragesian army marches in, few of the locals are going to try to capture folks from Gate Pass.

Torrent probably came in through the coastal route, and saw first hand that the Shahalesti were preparing to turn back or arrest any groups of foreigners, especially in the port cities.

*Weirdly, my playlist just started playing "Ready or Not" by the Fugees.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads