• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS [wotbs] loose ends

corwyn77

Adventurer
So, I'm running adventure 12 and wrapping up the campaign and had a few questions in wrapping up loose ends. Spoilers, obviously.

Haddin and Crystin: Yes, there have been a few opportunities to incorporate Crystin into the plot and she makes another appearance here. Haddin, otoh, is mentioned as a possible ally in one of the battle interludes. Last we saw of him, he was leading amazons hunting trolls. Technically he was still working with the Lyceum in Seaquen but he seems an unlikely ally. In my game, I implied that Crystin had broken away from his influence and was on her own. Did anyone do anything with him?

The Dianoem. The magic dwarven mind-control box. Say, what? No mention of it ever again, afaict. No mention in adventure 12 at least.

Fox Lee

Explorer
I figured the Dianoem was a lead-in for the one possessed by the war wizard in part 4. I do find myself wishing it would crop up again, though.

As for Haddin, it sounds like he's liable to become a lich if left to his own devices, though I don't think it ever explicitly happens. If you want closure for him, I say do it and let the PCs beat the XP out of him. Alternatively, his talent for biomancy could lead him to work for Pilus, if you want him to be more relevant later on.

My guys handed him over to the magistrate in Seaquen once they busted his mind-control trick, as he richly deserved. Generally my group are a bunch of characters taking the high road despite some really rotten luck, so it's nice when they face off against a bastard who tries to justify his bastardry with past injustices.

corwyn77

Adventurer
I figured the Dianoem was a lead-in for the one possessed by the war wizard in part 4. I do find myself wishing it would crop up again, though.

As for Haddin, it sounds like he's liable to become a lich if left to his own devices, though I don't think it ever explicitly happens. If you want closure for him, I say do it and let the PCs beat the XP out of him. Alternatively, his talent for biomancy could lead him to work for Pilus, if you want him to be more relevant later on.

My guys handed him over to the magistrate in Seaquen once they busted his mind-control trick, as he richly deserved. Generally my group are a bunch of characters taking the high road despite some really rotten luck, so it's nice when they face off against a bastard who tries to justify his bastardry with past injustices.

My group was a bit creeped out by Haddin but didn't turn him in. I think they would have in the troll encounter but they didn't run into him. A Lich encounter seems to non subtle and confrontational for Haddin and as for a Pilus connection, that ship has sailed (as it were) since they destroyed the Tempest a few weeks ago.

Fox Lee

Explorer
A Lich encounter seems to non subtle and confrontational for Haddin and as for a Pilus connection, that ship has sailed (as it were) since they destroyed the Tempest a few weeks ago.
Humm... good point about Tempest. 12 is the last adventure though, isn't it? At that point I wouldn't be briging him back in unless you wanted to elevate him to a major confrontation, lest he complicate the really important stuff. That's just my view on it though.

corwyn77

Adventurer
One more thing - anyone do anything with Entinifi? The 3e adventure 12 mentions him but no indication of what he might do. I guess he could just try to grab the torch and destroy the heart with it.

Remove ads