• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS WotBS #10: Sleep, Ye Cursed Child released

EugeneZ

First Post
There aren't too many replies to this thread, and before it scrolls off the page I just wanted to say thanks for the quick pacing as well. I'm about to start my first Malcolm Northwinter adventure, so I don't yet know how they compare, but at a quick glance the conversion seems thorough and well balanced. And of course, super fast. Thanks a ton.

(PS - Dunno if Malcolm read the forums, if he does I haven't seen him around or hadn't known it was him, but I'd like to point out that while #6 (Tears) says 16-18 on the cover, implying that 16th level characters make it to 19th level, the XP-oriented paragraphs explain that isn't the case, character are expected to be almost at 18th or just reached it. #7 (Echoed Souls) assumes the PCs are already 19th... so you've skipped an entire experience level. But, honestly, not a big deal to me... I'm much more grateful for effective 3e->4e NPC conversions and all the other 4e bells and whistles rather than making sure that the XP is perfect.)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Not sure about much before #7; I was given the work and told do something for 19-20 :). I hope it does work out, but if you're missing some EXP or pushing just over, adjust a couple encounters accordingly. There should be a good enough spread in 7 to push forward or pull back as it calls for it.

I will say I'm looking forward to hearing how it plays out, since not many seem to have reached 7+ yet. There've been a few browsers, such as yourself, but beyond my own playtesting, nothing to really go on. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads