• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 will they nerf the *T* spell for 3.5?

LordAO

First Post
The only thing I've ever used Time Stop for is to give me time to throw up buff spells at the beginning of battle or to allow me to retreat. I've seen people use it to unleash an onslaught of attack spells, only to find that they underestimated their enemies' defenses and just wasted half of their daily spells. For a 9th level spell, I don't see it as broken. Most of the 9th level spells are to weak, this one is right on the mark (IMHO).

Belive me, the spell you should be worried about is Gate, not Time Stop. Gate makes every other spell look like a child's toy.

Player- I summon Paragon Pit Fiend!
DM- Commits suicide.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
LordAO said:

Belive me, the spell you should be worried about is Gate, not Time Stop. Gate makes every other spell look like a child's toy.

I don't recall where I heard this... but I think they changed Gate to 1 HD/Level instead of 2 HD/Level.

And as far as using TS, then flinging a boatload of spells, I've done that before. The trick is to always lead off with Disjunction (yet another spell which spawns debate).

LokiDR

First Post
Haste (3.0), reverse gravity, gate, cancel gate. One round to get rid of anything that can not plane shift and teleport. More fun if they are not immune to elements and you drop them into the elemental planes.

D&D tends to get out of control when it comes to the high level spells. I would just prefer all the high level spells had the same power. Gate vs Summon Monster IX? No contest. Time Stop is is haste on crack. Shapechange is a slightly buffed up polymorph self.

Remove ads