• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 will they nerf the *T* spell for 3.5?

Simulacrum

First Post
yes you guessed it:

TIME STOP - the most broken, worst worded spell ever, right along with the old Harm and Haste.
WotC if you are reading, PLEASE revise it.

Call it TIME ACCELERATION (because that is what it actually does given to the description), and give it the power of the old HASTE spell. (without the AC bonus) with a duration of 4 rounds.
It will still be the most popular spell around without being so broken...

Last edited:

Skaros

First Post
While they're at it, maybe someone can actually officially admit that Elminster can't be immune to Time Stop...or that if he is, its a big disadvantage because it means he can't cast the spell on himself LOL

Skaros

drnuncheon

Explorer
Skaros said:
While they're at it, maybe someone can actually officially admit that Elminster can't be immune to Time Stop...or that if he is, its a big disadvantage because it means he can't cast the spell on himself

What they need to do (if they want to keep this "immunity") is give him Spell Stowaway: Time Stop.

J

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Skaros said:
While they're at it, maybe someone can actually officially admit that Elminster can't be immune to Time Stop......

They already did (Skip, anyway).

3) I believe I read somewhere that Elminster is immune to Temporal Stasis instead of Time Stop, as written in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. I don't remember where I read this and have searched all the errata I can find. Is this true? It seems it would be impossible or foolish to choose immunity to Time Stop, since it would mean you could never cast it (range: personal).

Hmmmm.....
That should be in the FRCS errata. Yes, Elminster is immune to temporal stasis.

Last edited:

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Skaros said:
While they're at it, maybe someone can actually officially admit that Elminster can't be immune to Time Stop
That mistake has been addressed by the Sage. Elminster's 9th-level immunity should be temporal stasis. (Alternately, you could use the optional time stop rules in the ELH, which would allow people to be immune to the spell.)

LokiDR

First Post
Time Stop is 9th level. This is the same level as the ever popular wish. I have never had a problem with this. 9th level spells break the power curve anyway. Most spell casters aren't 17th level.

hong

WotC's bitch
IMO just about every 9th level spell is too broken to try to fix. The exceptions are meteor swarm, which should really be an 8th level spell, and monster summoning IX, which is pretty superfluous anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads