• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the deal with Bugaboo?!?!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Interesting advice on how to handle trolls, A2Z. I've been hooked by some good ones, I'll admit. This isn't one of those. Too obvious... :(

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Disciple of Darwin said:
I know I'm new here and all, but I've look through some old posts and I can't help but notice that this dude Bugaboo posts some really lame stuff.

Man grow up already!

For someone who is new, you show a remarkable amount of knowledge about someone who has not yet actually registered, let alone posted, on these boards.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
*passes back pliers*

Mark, you know good and well that the best way to handle such a troll is to play along.

Duh!

You owe me a beer, buster.

A2Z

Explorer
Re: Re: What's the deal with Bugaboo?!?!

Morrus said:

For someone who is new, you show a remarkable amount of knowledge about someone who has not yet actually registered, let alone posted, on these boards.

Actually, if Bugaboo isn't yet registered then this troll just became funny for the wrong reason. :D

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Honestly, I've been here for a year and I've never really understood the magic about Bugaboo's troll-joke-things. I fell for them once or twice. After that, people nudged me and explained that it's a joke/supposed to be funny/whatever. I've been looking for the humor in it ever since.

Last edited:

King_Stannis

Explorer
Dr Midnight said:
Honestly, I've been here for a year and I've never really understood the magic about Bugaboo's troll-joke-things. I fell for them once or twice. After people nudged me and explained that it's a joke/supposed to be funny/whatever. I've been looking for the humor in it ever since.

you know, doc, i'm so glad you said that. thank you.

i thought i was the only one here who thought that. not that i think there is anything especially wrong or damaging with bugaboo's schtick, but it's seldom drawn more than a bemused smile from me. chalk me up as someone else who doesn't get it.

I disagree. Bugaboo's trolls were very funny. What destroyed them was all this "I'm-just-letting-you-all-know-I-know-about-Bugaboo-being-a-troll"-stuff going along.

But all you wise guys, all you smart alecs with your fancy new user numbers and your shining wristwatches, your time is up! If you think Bugaboo is trolling as Bugaboo the laugh is on you! I tell you, the laugh is on you, yes! Haha! You are all being trolled, and you won't have the faintest idea! Hahahahaha!

MUHAHAHaHaHahahahaha

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Troll? Guys, Bugaboo's program taught me everything I know about DMing! I can't recommend it highly enough.

Stupid Disciple of Darwin... take your mean-spirited comments elsewhere! *sniff*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads