• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) What would you call a 'Warlord' class? (+)

What would you call a 'Warlord' class?

• Warlord

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Commander

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Marshall

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Tactician

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • General

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Leader

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Captain

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Envoy

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Sheriff

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Warden

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 9 7.0%

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Steward as in "the Steward of Gondor". The name lacks baggage and by old school definition relates to leading and protecting people and places.
I love this.

My favorite sports team's coach calls himself the steward of the team. He's just a temporary holder of a title whose role is to keep the faith of fans and lead the men who follow him.
I can see it for a charismatic, intelligent, wisdom, or even strength based class. It is a word of responsibility with weight, and one of honor.

Ashrym

Legend
I love this.

My favorite sports team's coach calls himself the steward of the team. He's just a temporary holder of a title whose role is to keep the faith of fans and lead the men who follow him.
I can see it for a charismatic, intelligent, wisdom, or even strength based class. It is a word of responsibility with weight, and one of honor.

It was the plan for Jon Snow to lead the watch and why he was mad a steward. Use him for some inspiration for the class.

If I were a designer I'd probably be brainstorming GoT for some ideas here to take advantage of the pop culture and apply it.

Aldarc

Legend
Looks like Marshal is the favourite.
It's by a single vote. It would possibly be helpful to run an additional run-off vote between the vote leaders without the option for "other" or those below a certain vote threshold and then limit the number of votes one can make.

Remove ads