• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I picked up "gardens of ynn" pdf. I needed something that could reflect The Feywild. It looks weird and random (and I mean that in the best possible sense of the phrase). I understand that this isn't everyone's favorite style of play, but I really want to give a try. Unfortunately, our group is on a several month hiatus due to conflicting schedules, vacation, life in general, etc.

Here's a blurb from drivethru:
The Gardens of Ynn is a point-crawl adventure set in an ever-shifting extradimensional garden. Each expedition generates its route as it explores, resulting in new vistas being unlocked with every visit. Included within:

• Systems for generating locations within the garden, including hothouses, memorial gardens, chess lawns, the Mask Gallery, hypnotic gardens, fleshy gardens and of course the Splicing Vats.
  • 50 monsters tailored to the Gardens, including myconid composters, rose-maidens, rust-bumblebees, floral spiders, bonsai turtles and the enigatic Sidhe.
  • Details for The Idea Of Thorns and other dream-viruses.
  • Tables for generating treasure, Ynnian mutations, and various other useful details.
  • A unique class of Ynnian Changelings, human survivors adapted to the garden.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This week, I've received Knock #4 (amazing) and Cursed Scrolls #1-3 in physical form (I already knew they were good, but it's nice to have them available in physical form).

I am largely moving toward inspirational texts rather than off the shelf stuff to use nowadays, and these are all full of that kind of inspiration. (I'm unlikely to run the actual adventures in Cursed Scrolls, although I know many others do). And lordy, Knock especially is nothing but inspirational.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
This week, I've received Knock #4 (amazing) and Cursed Scrolls #1-3 in physical form (I already knew they were good, but it's nice to have them available in physical form).

I am largely moving toward inspirational texts rather than off the shelf stuff to use nowadays, and these are all full of that kind of inspiration. (I'm unlikely to run the actual adventures in Cursed Scrolls, although I know many others do). And lordy, Knock especially is nothing but inspirational.
There is currently a Knock humble bundle. I don't know anything about the publication, though.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
My most recent purchases are still in the mail and haven't arrived yet, but they were:
  • Plane of Hate, from Sword & Sorcery Studios, for the d20 EverQuest RPG.
  • Nocturnum, from Fantasy Flight Games, for the d20 Call of Cthulhu RPG.
  • Munchkin Master's Guide, from Steve Jackson Games, for the d20 Munchkin RPG.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There is currently a Knock humble bundle. I don't know anything about the publication, though.
It's a very compelling bundle.

On one level, Knock is just a collection of the best OSR blog posts (it's a scene that largely was born and thrives on blogs, including the late Google+). But it goes beyond that toward being highly designed, while usually steering clear of the art punk overkill of Mork Borg, which makes that book hard to use for a lot of people. Knock sometimes gets close, but there's always an eye toward being legible and usable. (Being able to read it digitally makes it a lot easier to zoom in on pages that might be harder to read otherwise.)

It also is aggressive about being incredibly dense with usability, with articles thick with ideas, random tables, or other content every few pages. Even the book's spine, inside covers and dust jacket have content. (The dust jackets have adventures printed on them.)

It's basically Dragon magazine's cool older brother who went off to art school. But speaking as someone who subscribed to Dragon during its arguable 1E golden age, the signal:noise ratio is much, much better with Knock. It's dense with inspirational material, along with random tables, multiple full adventures, new character classes (formatted for OSE but adaptable to most OSR systems with little effort), new monsters and interesting NPCs.

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
I got the following (I also knew that I would be reimbursed as they were going to be Christmas and birthday gifts for me):
  • 5e Monster Manual
  • Everday Heroes and the following cinematic adventures: Escape From New York, Highlander, Kong: Skull Island, Pacific Rim, Rambo, The Crow, Total Recall, Universal Soldier
I also bought two copies of both Everyday Heroes and Escape From New York to give to friends.

My last purchase was Fiasco which I’ve long wanted and got to fill up shopping cart for free shipping on a Black Friday board game purchase. My gaming group doesn’t yet know about it though and it hasn’t made it to the table.

Since everyone here mostly cares about D&D my last purchase for that was Dungeon Denizens kickstarter from Goodman Games or a few of the Moonshae adventures from Baldman Games on DMs Guild, during a sale…not sure which. One I don’t have, the other I’ve not brought the table.

The most recent TTRPG purchase that has made it to the table was Twilight Fables, used a monster and I’m pretty sure some idea from it that I thought was obvious and great, cause I remember the ah hah moment, but I can’t remember what it was even though I’m probably still using it.

Remove ads