• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happens to undead on the plane of positive energy ?

hong

WotC's bitch
Hypersmurf said:

Only two of them... John Lennon and George Harrison aren't "living material" any more.

Silly person. Everybody knows _Paul_ is the one who's dead!

Hong "and Ringo was never alive in the first place" Ooi

Oskar

First Post
Ok, more specifically, what happens if a demilich finds itself in the positive energy plane? (Being tricked into a portal or similar stuff.)

zealot73

First Post
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CRGreathouse
MotP -- page number, please?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think zealot73 meant the original (1e) MotP

You are correct sir. However I believe that it is covered in the 3rd Edition one as well but I am out of the country and don't have my book with me to look it up. If magical items didn't lose their effectiveness on the outer planes then why bother with a Sword of the Planes? It's been a long standing rule in D&D and I can't see why they'd mess with it now.

zealot73

First Post
Honestly... if magical weapons didn't get weaker the what has stopped a bunch of Paladins from running down to Asmodeus' place, beating down the doors, and then kicking his butt with their +5 Holy Avengers? It's because those +5 Holy Avengers become +2 Holy Avengers and I believe that to get past Asmodeus' DR you need at least a +4 weapon (he is after all the Head-Honcho of all devildom). Once again this is all from memory since I don't have my books with me so don't flame me too bad. ;-)

hong

WotC's bitch
zealot73 said:
Honestly... if magical weapons didn't get weaker the what has stopped a bunch of Paladins from running down to Asmodeus' place, beating down the doors, and then kicking his butt with their +5 Holy Avengers?

Oh, I dunno. What's to stop the same paladins from killing every great red wyrm that they meet? Or every lich? After all, it's not like they're going to fight back or anything....

Asmodeus is plenty tough enough to beat down people who want to fight him, whether they have +5 swords or not. Assuming they get past the endless hordes of fiends under his beck and call in the first place.

Last edited:

Dragon77

First Post
Honestly... if magical weapons didn't get weaker the what has stopped a bunch of Paladins from running down to Asmodeus' place, beating down the doors, and then kicking his butt with their +5 Holy Avengers? It's because those +5 Holy Avengers become +2 Holy Avengers and I believe that to get past Asmodeus' DR you need at least a +4 weapon (he is after all the Head-Honcho of all devildom). Once again this is all from memory since I don't have my books with me so don't flame me too bad. ;-)
Well, considering that what you see of Asmodeus in Malsheem is really an avatar, due to the fact that his real form lies below Nessus in the Serpent's Coil, he would pop right back up, and that's not even taking into consideration the army of pit fiends he'd throw at you. If you were to brave the Serpent's Coil, and actually find your way to his real form, you'd be stricken down by something that has divine salient abilities. In short, either way, your paladins would fight very bravely and die very quickly.

Last edited:

nevin

Hero

Well hell being the prison of Asmodeus can only be reached by the 1st plane and you have to go down through the planes one by one. to number 9 and hope he waited for you for starters.

But assuming you could get past all that by hook or crook then you have to find the only true diety in hell,(unless you consider tiamat a diety) on his plane, with uncountable armies of devils led by pitfiends, and he can look like anyone he wants. He wields an artifact forged at the beginning of creation, and is so dangerous the gods imprisoned him in hell instead of killing him.

I'd say go read the dragonlance books where they went to hell and see what happened to the mythic cleric. That was just plane one.

Remove ads