• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What classes do you want to come out next?

What are your top 3 picks for 3.5 classes to be reprinted in 4ed?

• Swashbuckler

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Hexblade

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Spellthief

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Scout

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Favored Soul

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Healer

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Beguiler

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Duskblade

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Dragon Shaman

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Knight

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Samurai

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Shamen

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Shugenja

• Sohei

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Wu-Jen

• Ninja

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Crusader

• Swordsage

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Warblade

• Incarnate

• Soulborn

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Totemist

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Binder

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Shadowcaster

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Truenamer

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Warmage

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Marshal

• Artificer

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Psion

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Wilder

• Psiwarrior

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Soulknife

Votes: 23 21.7%

KrazyHades

First Post
I haven't selected anything, because I'm hoping more that one can create these types of characters through the power trees that they keep talking about. I'm hoping that the need for complete PrCs will go away and be replaced by making specialized power chains on the tree.

This would let a DM create what are effectively new PrCs by simply making up a new chain, and it would make it easier to make balaced trees because one can simply compare varies steps along the chain with other ones of the same level on other chains.

All, of course, IMHO

EDIT: I'm going to start a thread on this topic

I think the Swashbuckler and Duskblade fill real holes in the basic class lineup, so I picked them. That said, if the multiclass rules work better in 4e than they did in 3e, then both could be taken care of by simple fighter/rogue and fighter/wizard or sorcerer already, and might therefore not be necessary.

I don't really have a preference for a third class, so I picked ninja just for fun.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Most of those classes never saw play in anything we did. I've seen one Samurai, one Duskblade, and I played a Warlock in a one-shot a few weeks ago. I've seen one guy play a swashbuckler. So, I don't really have a great deal of connection to most of the classes listed.

I'm intensely interested in what Psionics is going to be like in 4E, so it's certain that there will be a re-apperance of something like the Psion. I'd like to see him.

I'd also like to see the Swashbuckler, because I'm intensely interested in how the no-armor light-weapon fighter archtype is gonig to be enabled in 4E.

I think we already have indications that the scout and knight are dead, so I doubt we'll see them in a supplement: we'll see parts of them in the ranger, paladin and fighter.

Depending on just how multiclassing works, then all the classes that try to let you do the fighter-spell-caster combo are dead at the gates.

Sadrik

First Post
PHBII
Divine Leader- Druid
Martial Defender- Barbarian renamed Berserker (removing societal connotations)
Arcane Leader- Bard
Arcane Controller- Elemental Sorcerer
Arcane Controller- Illusionist
Arcane Leader???- Necromancer (only if this class is not joined with the warlock- which I hope it is)

Ebberon
Martial Controller- Mechanist (this would be sweet)

Psionics Book
leader or controller- Psion (4 types- telepath, precog, telekinetic, and body control)
defender or striker- Psychic Warrior (4 types- same as psion (telekinitic would take the soulknife's stuff))

OA
defender- samurai
striker- monk
striker- ninja
leader- shugenja
controller- wujen

Remove ads