• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular opinions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
FFX: The One With Drownball
8-bit theatre reference identified, good taste i salute you gradine

honestly for years i was so confused and never understood why drownballblitzball was so touted as this incredibly amazing part of the game that was infact the more worthwhile part to play over the actual adventure, then one day i realised, i mean i knew it before but i actually realised that it's just (fantasy) fantasy football, and it was getting reviewed/praised by that entire mass of people who buy FIFA and suchlike each and every year without fail rather than the JRGP gamers.

unpopular? opinion: DnD ought to have a chocobo(or equivilant) breeding minigame, to raise the perfect all terrain mount for your character, it could include stickers, stickers increase your max speed!

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
They should just skip past Dick Grayson and Jason Todd and go straight to Tim Drake, since he might be the first one to have said that out loud.
Though there have been many iterations of Batman and the bat family through the years, I actually think all four of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Barbara Gordon, and Tim Drake are important relationships for Batman. Grant it I might be bias as media that depict these relationships tends to be more enjoyable for me then media that only really focus on Batman alone.

Elodan

Adventurer
This thread has become someone saying “it’s Opposite Day”. Someone replying “it’s Not Opposite Day”, which of course means it is, which means it isn’t, which means it is, which means it isn’t…

Explosion.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
honestly for years i was so confused and never understood why drownballblitzball was so touted as this incredibly amazing part of the game that was infact the more worthwhile part to play over the actual adventure, then one day i realised, i mean i knew it before but i actually realised that it's just (fantasy) fantasy football, and it was getting reviewed/praised by that entire mass of people who buy FIFA and suchlike each and every year without fail rather than the JRGP gamers.
From my point of view, it was appreciated because its one of the rare time where a mini game is integrated in full in the lore of the setting. Its not just a side-activity, its important in the various cultures depicted in game.

And it just plain full to score 14 to 0 against the Luca Goers after they humiliated Waka in his last match!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Not unpopular, but correct opinion....

The Best Civilization Games, Ranked*

Last: Call to Power. I can't even.

6. Civilization. I want to give it bonus points for being the first, but naw.

5. Civ2. The beginning of modern Civilization.

4. Civ6. Ugh. I don't know where to start with this one, but while it has people that absolutely love it, this was the first time in the entire series that the game managed to miss that sweet spot that kept me coming back for just .... one ... more ... turn. I've probably played less of this one than any other "main line" Civ game.

3. Civ3. Easily the best of the pre-modern Civs. Probably the one I played the second-most.

2. Civ5. Jarring at first (WHERE IS MY TANK STACK??), it gradually grew on you ... especially with the much-needed expansions. And mods, mods, mods.

1. Civ4. There can be only one. Civ4 might not have been perfect (no game is), but it was the watershed game in the series. It made Civ3, which was a great game, look like nothing. Also? Leonard friggin' Nimoy.

I have spoken.

*Why not Alpha Centauri and Beyond Earth? Because. Think about it, and you'll understand.
I enjoy playing Civ VI from time to time on my Switch. But for my money the best Civ game is Master of Magic. No I will not be taking questions.

BUT WHAT ABOUT CIV REVOLUTIONS?!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
8-bit theatre reference identified, good taste i salute you gradine

unpopular? opinion: DnD ought to have a chocobo(or equivilant) breeding minigame, to raise the perfect all terrain mount for your character, it could include stickers, stickers increase your max speed!
Unpopular opinion: FFX is my favorite non-remake Final Fantasy game, and I unironically enjoy turning the Aurochs scrubs into world-beaters every time I play it.

Unpopular? opinion: You should be able to avoid falling damage completely by successfully blocking the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads