• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two feats inspired by LOtR

Lord Vangarel

First Post
Twin Shot

Prerequiste: Base attack bonus +4, Dexterity 15+

Benefit: This feat allows a character to fire two arrows from a bow at the same time. The character makes only one attack roll which applies to both arrows and both arrows are aimed at the same target. If the attack roll is successful then the attacker gets to make to damage rolls for the attack. The use of this feat modify's the attack roll by -4.

Improved Twin Shot

Prerequiste: Base attack bonus +8, Dexterity 15+, Twin Shot

Benefit: This feat is exactly the same at Twin Shot except that the attacker makes two separate attack rolls and can aim the attacks at different targets if required.

Attachments

• IMG_1134[1].JPG
    IMG_1134[1].JPG
    528.9 KB · Views: 49,826

Isida KepTukari

First Post
These both sound like really good feats. The prereqs sound high enough. I might add that you should mention that for Improved Twin Shot the two targets must be within 5 feet of one another.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Nice

Same here. I like both of them. I would definitely add Isida Kep'Tukari's suggestion for Improved Twin Shot. I think I'll be adding these to MC. Nice job.:cool:

Rackhir

Explorer
Two questions:

1) Is it considered a Full Attack action to use either Feat?

2) How does it interact with iterative attacks? Ie. If my char gets 4 attacks per round, can he use Twin Shot on all of them?

Basically, it sounds like the feat is probably too good, if it works with the iterative attacks. Though it might have a place with something like Shot On the Run, where you would normally only get the one attack. If it was considered just a standard action (not a full attack action) and did not work with the iterative attacks.

Isida KepTukari

First Post
That's a good point Rackhir. Though you already have to take a -4 to hit penalty on your attack for Twin Shot. Though combine that with Rapid Shot and that could get a bit sick. Hmm... playtesting will help. I think we need some research! :D

Wolfspider

Explorer
Middle Earth D20

Great feats! I'm tempted to steal those myself.

You might want to check out the Middle Earth D20 conversion that's going on at the Conversion message board and at the Yahoo Group I've linked before. We've come up with some interesting feats that we think fit the Middle Earth setting pretty well. :D

Rackhir

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
That's a good point Rackhir. Though you already have to take a -4 to hit penalty on your attack for Twin Shot. Though combine that with Rapid Shot and that could get a bit sick. Hmm... playtesting will help. I think we need some research! :D

My Archer character when firing rapid shot has bonuses of 22/22/17/12. I would cheerfully take another -4 to effectively double damage and at 1d8+1d6+13 per arrow (excluding crits) the Tarasque would die post haste pretty much with that feat. For a moderately high level archer, to hit bonuses are rarely a problem.

I think the feat would work if it were limited to a standard action. It gives a useful boost in power to a standard attack action, without the nasty complications of trying to make it work with iterative attacks or Rapid Shot. It would dovetail nicely with Shot on the Run then, which is kind of crippled for an archer character, by preventing them from using a full attack action. I think I would probably add some prerequisites to the feat as well. Quick Draw (for grabing and firing the two arrows) and Precise shot or Rapid shot perhaps (Not that it matters much, any decent archer is going to have both of them anyway). I would also change it so that you have to make separte rolls to hit with the two arrows. It's too much of a cheap shot otherwise, especially if you have moderately high to hit bonuses.

Last edited:

Oogar

First Post
I like it okay, but...

But where is the silly feet for allowing a melee attack with an arrow as a move equivilant action? :rolleyes: .....

Honestly, it looks pretty solid, and balanced if it is a standard action.

Attachments

• woin_careers.jpg
    woin_careers.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 6,687
  • now_intro.jpg
    now_intro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 445

Marshall

First Post
Lord Vangarel said:
Improved Twin Shot

Prerequiste: Base attack bonus +8, Dexterity 15+, Twin Shot

Benefit: This feat is exactly the same at Twin Shot except that the attacker makes two separate attack rolls and can aim the attacks at different targets if required.

A double penalty rapid shot with different pre-reqs? Whats the point?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads