• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Titan Quest

evildmguy

Explorer
Does anyone have this? Any reviews?

I played the demo and liked it but am not sure if I want the full version or not. I am hoping someone here can tell me about it! Thanks!

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

Steel_Wind

Legend
I am picking this up later today. I take a professional interest in all CRPGs, and Titan Quest's modding features, which appear to be very soft-pedalled and under-reported at this point - look quite interesting.

No surprise - too many reviewers spend their time reviewing console games these days.

Essentially, Titan Quest supports height mapped map creation in a manner very similar to NWN2's forthcoming toolset and a whole host of other customization features. For a roll your own Diablo 2 experience, that seems pretty - perhaps even extremely cool to me.

The Modder's Guide is posted here: http://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.list&category_select_id=4 It is well worth downloading to get a feel for what you can do with this.

Titan Quest Vault appears to be the best source of ongoing info on the game right now. Not surorising, given the Vault's success with being the best source of info and files concerning Neverwinter Nights over the years.

evildmguy

Explorer
Thanks for the guide! I am hoping to mess with it sometime. Looks to be fun!

I ended up picking it up and am quite happy with it. I think the best way to sum up the reviews is this.

Reviewers don't think it is anything exceptional or new but people think it is fun to play.

It is a updated version of Diablo 2, and that's a good thing. I think the other thing reviewers or critics don't like is how similar it is to Diablo 2 without being Diablo 3. Well, if it works, why re-invet it?

I find it a lot of fun!

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Is it just me, or have game reviews gotten a lot worse these days?

Most of the reviews of TQ go on about how it's just a Diablo clone and many of them say it's a worn out genre compared to such brilliant modern games like Oblivion. But Oblivion has the same basic gameplay as Arena, which goes back even earlier than Diablo. And really, games like this are their own genre, they aren't Diablo clones any more than all FPSes are Doom (or Castle Wolftenstein) clones.

Remove ads