• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thor: Love and Thunder spoilers

If you plan to wait for it to come to D+, there's no need to announce it to everyone in this thread.

There were 7 statues. Eternity, Death, the Living Tribunal, Eon, the Watcher, Infinity, and a Celestial.

Daryll's back!

According to Chris Pratt, part of the reason Taika Waititi included the Asgardian goats Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder in this movie was to force James Gunn to incorporate them into Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, since the latter film picks up where this one leaves them off at.

The girl with the stuffed bunny kicking ass was cool.

Mirtek

Hero
Saw it yesterday and to me it's not only the worst Thor movie but one of the worst MCU movies.

The MCU really starts to be torn apart by being pulled into too many directions at once.

Whereas the early phases seemed carefully orchestrated with an eye to the greater whole, so much stuff nowadays just makes no sense if set into context with the old stuff.

It really went from "XY would have been usefull here, but was probably busy or not available due to such short notice" to "how could they react in such a way back then when this new lore here was just etablished as having been common knowledge all along"

E.g. after the infinity stones were lost Thor could have at least mentioned that there's this city where the most powerful deities hang out. Maybe they won't help out of goodness/responsibility but they may have something that could be bargained for, stolen or they could be blackmailed or coerced to help.

And there's also this allmighty wish granter at the center of the universe. Maybe at least consider trying to get there to undo the snap?

Saw it yesterday and to me it's not only the worst Thor movie but one of the worst MCU movies.

The MCU really starts to be torn apart by being pulled into too many directions at once.

Whereas the early phases seemed carefully orchestrated with an eye to the greater whole, so much stuff nowadays just makes no sense if set into context with the old stuff.

It really went from "XY would have been usefull here, but was probably busy or not available due to such short notice" to "how could they react in such a way back then when this new lore here was just etablished as having been common knowledge all along"

E.g. after the infinity stones were lost Thor could have at least mentioned that there's this city where the most powerful deities hang out. Maybe they won't help out of goodness/responsibility but they may have something that could be bargained for, stolen or they could be blackmailed or coerced to help.

And there's also this allmighty wish granter at the center of the universe. Maybe at least consider trying to get there to undo the snap?
At this point, we're going to be running into "why didn't they seek help from (new movie person) with Thanos or the snap?" with each movie during phase four more or less

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

did you miss Zeus’ dialogue where he tells Thor that gods only look after their own affairs? Or Gors whole premise that the gods dont actually care? Or Zeus beleiving that it was impossible to reach Eternity?

I loved that Darryl got to be in a real movie (and now I want a Darryl TV show).
I also thought it was cute that Taika put in a Maori goddess and a reference to Tumatauenga.

the movie didnt spend enough time exploring character moments (ie Gors story, Janes cancer, Thors midlife crisis) and the humour wasnt quite as funny as it was in Ragnarok.

still better than Thor Dork World

I also thought Eternity would be bigger (the green screen should have more eternity and less cloudy background)

lovely ending

Mirtek

Hero
At this point, we're going to be running into "why didn't they seek help from (new movie person) with Thanos or the snap?" with each movie during phase four more or less
Not if the "MCU continuity department" does their homework.

Either stick to introduce entities of a power scale that the answer to what they were doing back then can stay as "something, doesn't really matter anyway" or introduce new stuff in a way that doesn't create such questions. A billion dollar company with a high paid creative team should be able to manage that.

Introducing Daredevil is no issue. Yeah he and Kingpin were doing whatever at that time already. Low level street stuff doesn't matter. Having Thor just learn about the Omnipotent City or the Eternity would have taken care of that. He just didn't know that there's a way to un-snap without the stones

But now just coming out of the blue with Thor having known this for thousands of years is just bringing the question why a quest to the being that can easily unsnap everybody even after the stones were lost has never come up. Yes, getting the stones would have been the preferable first option. But they're dust. So how about we go to find the other way that I know could bring everybody back? Nah, I'd rather not tell anyone and just get fat.

did you miss Zeus’ dialogue where he tells Thor that gods only look after their own affairs? Or Gors whole premise that the gods dont actually care? Or Zeus beleiving that it was impossible to reach Eternity?
But
a) Thor didn't know that before actually talking to Zeus
b) Doesn't really matter. If they don't care, then make them care (bargain, blackmail, coerce, steal)
c) Thor immediately not only believed that reaching Eternity was possible, but also that Gor would be able to do that any moment. So why didn't he bring that up when everybody was downtrodden after Thanos revealed the stones were gone?

the movie didnt spend enough time exploring character moments (ie Gors story, Janes cancer, Thors midlife crisis) and the humour wasnt quite as funny as it was in Ragnarok.
Apparently there's a 4h version and much was cut for the cinema version. E.g. the whole GotG stuff that was left in probably felt so worthless because of that GotG stuff that was cut.

Very minor spoiler, not even sure whether it's a spoiler at all but
The trailer basically showed 95% of all dialogue between Thor and the GotG, there's really not much more left in the movie beyond what was already in the trailer.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I haven’t seen the movie yet (I’ve never cared about spoilers), but I’m wondering if perhaps the opening of the multiverse has something to do with this.

Perhaps Thor didn’t know about these things for thousands of years until after Sylvie killed He Who Remains and then suddenly he did. The multiverse went from being suppressed by the TVA to always being there all throughout history.

Maybe while the TVA was still in control, Thor couldn’t think of these options (because they were previously part of the suppressed multiverse).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I haven’t seen the movie yet (I’ve never cared about spoilers), but I’m wondering if perhaps the opening of the multiverse has something to do with this.

Perhaps Thor didn’t know about these things for thousands of years until after Sylvie killed He Who Remains and then suddenly he did. The multiverse went from being suppressed by the TVA to always being there all throughout history.

Maybe while the TVA was still in control, Thor couldn’t think of these options (because they were previously part of the suppressed multiverse).
Its a convinient theory certainly and at least it would clean up the continuity gaps with the wave of Kangs hand

Retreater

Legend
I also really enjoyed it - not quite as much as Ragnarok, but it was darn good. I am legitimately having difficulty understanding why people dislike it. It was a fun action flick, good fights, humor, character development, a few emotional scenes, solid acting. What am I missing?
It was hard to not see Gorr's point of view, which makes him a compelling villain in my perspective. A little more "mortals should be in charge of their own destinies and not worship the 'gods' of the MCU (like what we saw in Zeus)," and I think I'd have rooted for him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads