• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV The Red Wizardess of Thay Sofina

A few spoilers in the link below on Sofina.

I'm really surprised Daisy Head,who plays Sofina, hasn't been doing the PR rounds and getting interviews given from the very first trailer her character is very important.

I want a Sophina action, yes she's a villian, but so is Forge Fitzwilliam. She seems awesome.

It's just weird to see such a prominent character not apart of the PR tour.

I'm still hoping the Horn turns out to be from Eltab. It would be quite the lore nod if it is.

I don't think they would rip off Matt Mercier's Horn of Orcus thing, UNLESS they make it up to him by giving him a juicy role like a Minsc Cameo, or voice that Gold Dragon, or play Elminster or something, so I think your most likely right it's Eltab.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I was really disappointed with her makeup on the movie poster, but apparently she rots progressively throughout the film, or something? That's amazing

I'm still hoping the Horn turns out to be from Eltab. It would be quite the lore nod if it is.

The article mentions they got the horn from Korinn's Keep, so I did a search on it and while no Korinn Keep came up, the Korinn Archipelago did, which is in the Moonshae Isles, no where near Eltab or Orcus influenced territory. I don't think the horn belongs to Demon Lord at all, I think it belongs to Kazgoroth, an aspect of both Malar and Bhaal from the moonshae's whose heart was once used to raise an undead army.

The Horn of Kazgaroth, necrotic, but it wasn't used to produce undead, but it was powerful. I mean maybe a skilled magic user cool unlike powers of undeath Akin to the heart of kazgaroth.

pukunui

Legend

The Horn of Kazgaroth, necrotic, but it wasn't used to produce undead, but it was powerful. I mean maybe a skilled magic user cool unlike powers of undeath Akin to the heart of kazgaroth.
If that is the artifact in the movie, maybe its powers changed during the Spellplague.

I used the Claw of Kazgaroth as the McGuffin in my first 5e campaign. Both claw and horn are in Baldur's Gate (1).

The article mentions they got the horn from Korinn's Keep, so I did a search on it and while no Korinn Keep came up, the Korinn Archipelago did, which is in the Moonshae Isles, no where near Eltab or Orcus influenced territory. I don't think the horn belongs to Demon Lord at all, I think it belongs to Kazgoroth, an aspect of both Malar and Bhaal from the moonshae's whose heart was once used to raise an undead army.
You might be right. Now that you mention it, it REALLY looks like the Horn of Kazgoroth visually, and there's that nod to Baldur's Gate as well. Eltab has much more relevance to Thay specifically, but the image in the movie is a dead ringer for Kazgoroth.

Remove ads