• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) The (In)Complete Tome of Spells, Level Up Edition!

Faolyn

(she/her)
Many moons ago, I produced a pdf that I called The (In)Complete Tome of Spells, formerly called The (Not Really) Complete Tome of Spells (there were spacing issues on GMBinder). If you didn't see it, it's probably because I was on Reddit at the time, not here.

So, uh. When I'm under a lot of stress, I convert things from one edition or game to another. What can I say, it's a coping mechanism. It works. And it's been a stressful few months for various reasons. Hence, the (In)Complete Tome of Spells, Level Up Edition!

Here it is.

These are not my spells. I converted them from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd edition spells printed in Dragon Magazine and in an old AD&D fanwork, The Great Net Spellbook and The Great Net Prayerbook.

I don't know if this is a thing that Morrus et al would want stuck to the LU resources page, or for that matter, to the general downloads section of this forum, since it's not original stuff. But at any rate, enjoy!

Xaielao

Explorer
I made huge use of the (Not So Complete) Tome of Spells over the years as a GM Faolyn. From outfitting ancient enemies with these exotic spells - exotic to players new to 5e, I'm old school - to handing them out as rare scrolls found in forgotten dungeons, to including them in the spellbooks of aged liches, vampires & Illithid Arcanists.

A month or so ago my high level 5e campaign came to a close, and the casters had a cornucopia of awesome new spells to use that made them feel super special (many from your work), so I cant wait to introduce the Level Up versions in my first Level Up campaign after Zeitgeist comes out. I and my players thank you. :D

Faolyn

(she/her)
I made huge use of the (Not So Complete) Tome of Spells over the years as a GM Faolyn. From outfitting ancient enemies with these exotic spells - exotic to players new to 5e, I'm old school - to handing them out as rare scrolls found in forgotten dungeons, to including them in the spellbooks of aged liches, vampires & Illithid Arcanists.

A month or so ago my high level 5e campaign came to a close, and the casters had a cornucopia of awesome new spells to use that made them feel super special (many from your work), so I cant wait to introduce the Level Up versions in my first Level Up campaign after Zeitgeist comes out. I and my players thank you. :D
Thanks! Let me know if you have issues with any of the spells.

Anselm

Adventurer
@Faolyn - do you have any thoughts about adding the artificer to these? I tried searching your previous 5e versions but it didn't look like it had been done there either.

Anselm

Adventurer
That's awesome. I took a quick glance over them and realized I had no idea the philosophy behind the artificer spell list so wasn't sure how to start

Remove ads