• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
“But without rules it would be no better than playing cops and robbers on the play ground. ‘I shot you!’ ‘No, you didn’t!’ and all that.”

Yes, exactly. That’s why you need rules. You need rules to establish guidelines for the fiction and maybe some mechanics to resolve conflicts about what happens when it’s not obvious from the fiction. Here’s the secret though. That’s the only thing you need rules and mechanics for. And here’s another secret. Most of that can be handled in conversation at the table. What can’t be handled in conversation can be handled with a die roll.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Was that productive, satisfying, or kind of sad - or any combination of the three? :)

Nostalgic?

I was updating the compiled and cleaned up PDFs of my old story hour, re-telling the events of my "Out of the Frying Pan" D&D 3E campaign that I ran from 2001 to 2006.

I know it is not for everyone, but the fact that anyone still reads and enjoys it all these years later is icing on the cake for one of the most fun times I had running D&D ever.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
giphy.gif
Ah man, I'm weak. I've been unable to resist making silly jokes in threads where folks are taking things too seriously. I guess I can't be part of the squad. :-(.

Last edited:

MNblockhead

Yeah, I got nothing. There is a thing where people derive pleasure from pain...so maybe it's like that? Like the people who show up to meetings just to argue and complain, or love eating extremely spicy food, or running marathons, or certain um, bedtime activities.
What meetings have you attended where someone has showed up and engaged in "bedtime activities"!?

My office really is dull.

MNblockhead

Sitting here tired from the day's work, knowing I should be getting ready for bed because I have a six hour drive tomorrow after work. And I'm complicating the ethics of editing a post to fix typos after people have already reacted to it. I like forums that have an option to, when you edit a post, to enter a note on what was changed.

At the same time, the devil on my shoulder is tempting me to change posts on which many people have reacted with likes to say something they definitely won't like. :devilish:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Sitting here tired from the day's work, knowing I should be getting ready for bed because I have a six hour drive tomorrow after work. And I'm complicating the ethics of editing a post to fix typos after people have already reacted to it. I like forums that have an option to, when you edit a post, to enter a note on what was changed.

At the same time, the devil on my shoulder is tempting me to change posts on which many people have reacted with likes to say something they definitely won't like. :devilish:
I fix my typos by going back to edit later all the time.

I appreciate that not everyone does, because then I don't feel so bad about how many of them I make!

Jahydin

Hero
And...well, look at my avatar. I'm not exactly neutral when it comes to mixing my video game peas with my TTRPG carrots. I think it's a good thing. Get inspiration wherever you can get it, right?
Have a particular system you like to use?

There are so many fun JRPG inspired TTRPGs right now like Fabula Ultima, Goblin Slayer, and Fever Knights.

Remove ads