• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stock Battlestar for SWRPG

This is a non-official continuation of a thread started back at the Wizards Of The Coast threads (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=166467&page=1&pp=30). Now, well, Galactica fan that I am (and whoever says I ain't I'm not going to listen to), I've posted a "stock" Battlestar write-up.

Here's a copy:
-Kobol Colonies "Battlestar" (stock version):

-Class: Capital Ship.
-Size: Colossal (600m Long).
-Hyperdrive: x2 (backup x12) (¿?).
-Passengers: 85 (troops).
-Cargo Capacity: 12, 000 tons.
-Consumables:4 years (again, ¿?).
-Crew: 307-920 (Skilled +4).
-Initiative : -4 (-8 size, +4 Crew).
-Maneuver: -4 (-8 Size, +4 Crew).
-Defense: 12 (-8 Size, +10 Armor).
-Shield Points: 0 (0 DR).
-Hull Points: 720 (DR 25).
-Cost: Not Available For Sale.
-Maximum Speed In Space: Cruising (3 squares/action).
-Atmospheric Speed: Not Applicable (¿?).

-Weapon: Turbolasers (24); Fire Arc: 4 batteries front, 1 batteries left, 1 batteries right; Attack Bonus: +4 (-8 size, +2 crew, +6 fire control, +4 battery fire); Damage: 5d10x5; Range Modyfiers: PB -5, S -3, M/L +0.
-Weapon: Laser Cannons (24); Fire Arc: 7 Front, 2 left, 2 right, 2 rear; Attack Bonus: +2 (-8 Size, +2 Crew, +7 Fire Control); Damage 2d10X2; Range Modyfiers: PB -5, S -3, M/L n/a.

This is a "stock" Battlestar. Because of the very large amount of yahren they have been around, there's no such thing as a "stock" one anymore. Some of them have been fitted with better stuff, missile batteries, extra lasers... you figure it out.

First time I EVER stat a ship. I tried to take in consideration that this ship is more than a Nebulon-B, but still isn't close to the other two capital ships of the Revised Core Rulebook (the "Imperial"-Class Star Destroyer, and the MC80 Star Cruiser). Of course I made some mistakes and everything, but, well, I sure ain't good at this.

And, well, aside from this (any comments wanted), I just wanted to ask:
Anybody here who uses ideas from the series?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Hrm...not bad.

However, it should have Heavy Armor. For a Colossal ship, that raises DR to 35 (70 with errata), Armor bonus to +20, takes up 1024 tons of cargo space (representing added mass), and adds a -6 Pilot check penalty. (This, BTW, is from Starships of the Galaxy, if you don't have it)

Also, consider expanding the Cargo space. A rule of thumb for carriers is that they should allocate 2x max tonnage per smaller craft carried. So, a Diminuitive fighter (I'd say a Viper is Diminuitive) should account for 40 tons of cargo (since a Diminuitive spaceship can mass, at most, 20 tons).

I'd also suggest fiddling with the weapons mix. The modern battlestar is much more of a carrier, and has a lot more point defense-capable weapons; they seem to be mounted more on the sides than the front or rear, since they're supposed to cover the fighters.

Brad

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads