Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

Cleon

Legend
I'm not quite sure it's a CR 5, but a weak 5 is probably better than a strong 4 for them.

The current Challenge Rating is a holdover from the inexact CR of the Lycanthropy template. Since these aren't "proper" lycanthropes I would be willing to change it, and am considering CR 4.

They do have Pounce, bite/claw/claw/rake/rake and DR 10/silver - that makes them pretty tough.

I suppose their melee ability is roughly par with the SRD's CR 3 Lion, and the DR and hamstring are worth at least another +1 CR.

Hmm, haven't decided yet - what does Shade say?

Advancement is going to be odd. What do you think, HD, character class, or both?

I'd go for Hit Dice, since they're Magical Beasts.

What Advancement do Wolfweres use in 3E?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Hmm, haven't decided yet - what does Shade say?

CR 4 seems best.

I'd go for Hit Dice, since they're Magical Beasts.

What Advancement do Wolfweres use in 3E?

Wolfweres advance solely by character class.

However, the also similar seawolves from Stormwrack only advance by Hit Dice, while their flavor text mentions them becoming pirates and the like.

So I'd say a blending of the two suits me.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Tactics: Packs of leopardweres and cursed wereleopards will chase prey over long distances. Upon first reaching melee distance, leopardweres attempt to hamstring their opponents, then pouncing on and raking their hampered victims. While leopardweres usually eat their prey, the strongest-looking of their victims are often "saved" for transformation into cursed wereleopards.

Cleon

Legend
Tactics: Packs of leopardweres and cursed wereleopards will chase prey over long distances. Upon first reaching melee distance, leopardweres attempt to hamstring their opponents, then pouncing on and raking their hampered victims. While leopardweres usually eat their prey, the strongest-looking of their victims are often "saved" for transformation into cursed wereleopards.

Some of that looks like it might be better off in the background info.

Hmm, I'll have to think about it...

Remove ads