Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
We can just say he's a Dire Lycanthrope. Sure, let's do it. You know that might give us an excuse to boost some other stats, too, now I think of it.

Cleon

Legend
We can just say he's a Dire Lycanthrope. Sure, let's do it. You know that might give us an excuse to boost some other stats, too, now I think of it.

So what are you suggesting? Adding some flavour text about some eponymous "sages" speculating they're some kind of Dire Panther shapeshifter?

Regardless of that, since we're agreed on the Dire saves I can update the Panther Lord Working Draft.

freyar

Well, I was thinking we could take the dire lycanthrope template from the CC and work from there, but I'm not too fussy either way.

Cleon

Legend
Well, I was thinking we could take the dire lycanthrope template from the CC and work from there, but I'm not too fussy either way.

That's not going to give the Panther Lord much it doesn't already have, assuming we're continuing with the "copy most of the Werejaguar stuff" approach.

Werejaguars already have Iron WIll and Multiattack as bonus feats.

Cleon

Legend
Mmph, fair enough. Maybe some flavor is enough.

OK, what's next for these?

We'd better start sorting out the special abilities, I guess.

Are we giving them an interpretation of the "trance" ability Von Kharkhov had that allowed him to see through the eyes of any feline in his domain?

freyar

I'd say yes. And I have a feeling we've done something pretty similar before. Maybe what we did for the bone tyrants would be a good template?

Cleon

Legend
I'd say yes.

I'm in favour of giving them the ability too.

And I have a feeling we've done something pretty similar before. Maybe what we did for the bone tyrants would be a good template?

The Master Bone Tyrant version was basically telepathic bond though. Von Kharkhov's is more a divination (scrying) ability.

That said, I would have no objection to allowing the Panther Lord to send telepathic messages to a thrall it is scrying though. Indeed, it seems an appropriate ability.

freyar

Ehhh, we could just file the serial numbers off the bone tyrant version and drop the telepathic messages bit. Then it would be more like scrying.

Remove ads