• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Simply6 Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION] Download it again; adventure restored to its full glory! (should be file 1.6a)

fengmd

First Post
I haven't read all this, but if it's all based on 3D6 and is universal, it sounds similar to a much older and well-established system, GURPS. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I haven't read all this, but if it's all based on 3D6 and is universal, it sounds similar to a much older and well-established system, GURPS. :)

It’s not GURPS. Sorry, zero pointless snark points for you. Thanks, though. ;)

More typo stomping - hope it’s helpful!

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Assimilator [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]All the positives are off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]BattlePsyche[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Formatting is wonky. Continues thru Bounty Hunter.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Blaster Turret[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Under Stationary “the only action they ca take” ca=can[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bounty Hunter[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Should be Level 5[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Darklord[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fighting & Defense are off (+2d6 should = 5d6, not 6). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Exterminator[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]All the positives are off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hunter Killer HK500 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fighting is off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hunter Killer HKX[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fighting is off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Science Officer[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Should be Level 8[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Star Knight[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Under missile deflection it says “Once per round the dark lord...” “dark lord” Should be “star knight”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

I think charge should be moved to the special abilities section. Why would someone not charge if they were primarily a melee combatant? What is the downside to charging?

The description in the special section (which still needed a better name) would just say "A charge attack is resolved during the melee phase of combat."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think charge should be moved to the special abilities section. Why would someone not charge if they were primarily a melee combatant? What is the downside to charging?

The description in the special section (which still needed a better name) would just say "A charge attack is resolved during the melee phase of combat."

You remind me of a boss I once had. ;)

I'm the one who proposed such a supplement earlier in the thread. (And I have half a document written.) But I am not associated with the makers of the above file and know nothing about it. (And my suggestion was SimplySuper, not Simply Supers. The space and the s differ.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads