• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should these be added to the Mystara to do list?

Mortis

First Post
For those of you who don't know, Bruce Heard (one of the Known World/Mystara developers and the author of the Voyage of the Princess Ark articles in Dragon) has recently returned to the online community.

One of his contributions is the article Goatmen of Kavaja which includes two new creatures - the Bielgorna and the Bielgorad.

He also has a blog here.

Regards
Mortis

Cleon

Legend
For those of you who don't know, Bruce Heard (one of the Known World/Mystara developers and the author of the Voyage of the Princess Ark articles in Dragon) has recently returned to the online community.

One of his contributions is the article Goatmen of Kavaja which includes two new creatures - the Bielgorna and the Bielgorad.

He also has a blog here.

Regards
Mortis

Hmm, well these aren't TSR/WotC published monsters so I suppose they shouldn't be added to the official lists.

If you fancy converting them to 3.5 as a Homebrew I would have no objection, though.

havard

Adventurer
I dont intend to challenge Creature Catalog policy, but on a personal level, if its written by Bruce Heard, it is official Mystara to me :cool:

-Havard

Cleon

Legend
I dont intend to challenge Creature Catalog policy, but on a personal level, if its written by Bruce Heard, it is official Mystara to me :cool:

-Havard

Well I see no reason why we can't do a conversion on the Mystara thread and worry about whether they rate being added to the Creature Catalog database later.

Big Mac

Explorer

Technically, I'd say it wasn't "official" because WotC is the IP owner, but the same could be said of Gary Gygax's Gord the Rogue stuff. That is also in a grey area (a Greyhawk area - did you see what I did there? :p ) but I'd love to see any of that convered to 3e rules too.

Well I see no reason why we can't do a conversion on the Mystara thread and worry about whether they rate being added to the Creature Catalog database later.

Bruce doesn't play 3rd Edition, but I wonder if he would be willing to sign up to ENWorld and act as a sort of "creative consultant" on the Mystara Conversion thread.

Last edited:

havard

Adventurer
Bruce doesn't play 3rd Edition, but I wonder if he would be willing to sign up to ENWorld and act as a sort of "creative consultant" on the Mystara Conversion thread.

To be honest I would much rather have him come up with new creative contents on his blog and on the Piazza. :)

-Havard

Cleon

Legend
To be honest I would much rather have him come up with new creative contents on his blog and on the Piazza. :)

-Havard

I've mentioned the Bielgorna and the Bielgorad on our Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters thread.

There doesn't seem to be anything else Mystaran critterwise that people are calling for, so I suspect we'll start a conversion, although it may end up staying in Homebrews rather than becoming an addition to the "official" Creature Catalog Converted Monsters page.

Remove ads