• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGfreelancer.com: Is this still a thing?

pawsplay

Hero
I just hired some art through it, but the forums are dead, and not all the functionality advertised seems to work (private forums, escrow, etc.). Is it a ghost ship, or what?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I get plenty of quotes for every project I post on there. I find it ideal. Whether any other publishers use it or not I don't really care, to be honest, but they're welcome to if they want to and I don't charge anything for it. It's serving my prime goal, which was to make EN Publishing's freelance management much easier.

invokethehojo

First Post
I get plenty of quotes for every project I post on there. I find it ideal. Whether any other publishers use it or not I don't really care, to be honest, but they're welcome to if they want to and I don't charge anything for it. It's serving my prime goal, which was to make EN Publishing's freelance management much easier.

I need to start looking for art work for the book I'm working on, and I may need an editor, so when I found your site it looked great... but then I saw that you can't contact people outside of your forums or it voids the contract. I can't imagine asking someone to edit a book for my new RPG without speaking to them over the phone to discuss ideas. Is that a rule you might bend in the future?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I need to start looking for art work for the book I'm working on, and I may need an editor, so when I found your site it looked great... but then I saw that you can't contact people outside of your forums or it voids the contract. I can't imagine asking someone to edit a book for my new RPG without speaking to them over the phone to discuss ideas. Is that a rule you might bend in the future?

Once you've contracted someone you can contact them any way you wish. You can hold naked spa meetings with them as far as I'm concerned!

You can't make the initial deal with someone without going through the site, though. That's because if I ever decide to start charging for it, that would be a way of cheating me out of my cut after using my resources to get the contact. It's not important right now, because I don't charge anything, but the precedent is there to keep my options open.

In the same way, you can't make a deal with someone on eBay outside of their system.

invokethehojo

First Post
Once you've contracted someone you can contact them any way you wish. You can hold naked spa meetings with them as far as I'm concerned!

You can't make the initial deal with someone without going through the site, though. That's because if I ever decide to start charging for it, that would be a way of cheating me out of my cut after using my resources to get the contact. It's not important right now, because I don't charge anything, but the precedent is there to keep my options open.

In the same way, you can't make a deal with someone on eBay outside of their system.

Cool, I was a afraid that I maybe just misread it. Thanks

pawsplay

Hero

I like a lot of things about it. I'm nervous though about relying on a site whose functionality I don't understand, and which may not come with any sort of technical support. What happens if funds get hung up, etc.?

I can't complain at all about the artist I've snagged for my project, but it worries me I can't figure out where this supposed private communication system is, and I have no idea how to safepay.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I like a lot of things about it. I'm nervous though about relying on a site whose functionality I don't understand, and which may not come with any sort of technical support. What happens if funds get hung up, etc.?

It doesn't handle any funds. It just handles the agreement. I want nothing to do with holding on to your money.

Remove ads