• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: You are correct, stonegod. Sorry I missed the casting time.

Revisions:
-No second wolf appears to attack or impede Kona'i. He therefore would move up to G4 on his turn and attack the wolf between Xir and Balthazar with his flurry of blows, doing 7 more damage to it.

-Xir steps between the wolf and Kona'i to strike at Balthazar, hitting him for 11 damage. ( IC is down currently, so I had to roll his Concentration check myself. Got a 15 +9 from his skills for a total of 24 which beats the 21DC needed for 10+11 points of damage)

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Actually, Flurry of Blows is a full round action, so Kona'i couldn't move and flurry as well: it'd have to be a single attack.

Peladus casts another Magic Missile targetting Balthazar's wolf.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Actually, Flurry of Blows is a full round action, so Kona'i couldn't move and flurry as well: it'd have to be a single attack.

Peladus casts another Magic Missile targetting Balthazar's wolf.

:blush: *Sigh* Yep, correct again. Sooo...

Revisions, the sequel: Kona'i moves forward to attack the wolf and misses badly (using the first of the two attack rolls from the impossible flurry). So Kona'i is still at G4, but the wolf only has 8 damage from the two magic missiles. Xir is at F4 and it is Peladus' turn, then Periwinkle.

Edit: Just saw that Peladus declared his action, so I just need Periwinkle's now. I'll roll for Peladus' attack damage when I update the round. It won't be enough to drop the wolf, so it won't affect what Periwinkle wants to do.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle laughs, a tinkly, breathless giggle that lasts just a bit too long. Magic burst from her dancing fingers, and the wolf acquires a few new scorch marks.

ooc: Periwinkle succeeds against her arcane spell failure chance, and hits with magic missile for 3 damage.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Last round reviewed:
-Kona'i moves up to beside Xir and attacks the wolf, but the canny animal dodges his blow.

-Peladus hits the wolf with another magic missile.

-Xir steps between the monk and the wolf to attack Balthazar, hitting the man hard.

-Periwinkle fires another magic missile into the wolf, splashing more of its blood on the stone.

Next round:
-The wolf snaps its jaws at Kona'i, but the monk manages to pull out of its way in time to keep himself from being injured.

-Balthazar finishes casting with a loud howl which is answered by another wolf which appears beside him and in front of Xir. The druid then steps back five feet so that the wolf is between him and Xir before casting another spell. As he finishes, a glowing orange rune flies from his fingertips to land on Xir's chain shirt. The rune dissipates and the armor begins to heat up, but Xir resists the spell with his mind and the flames gutter out into non-existence before becoming a problem. Balthazar curses under his breath as his spell fails to take hold.

-The new wolf bites at Xir as well, but is also unable to pierce the Xeph's defenses.

-Kona'i punches and kicks at the original wolf but is unable to harm it with his blows.

-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle can go...
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Wolf (-15 hp)
19- Balthazar (-11 hp)
19- Wolf 2
17- Kona'i
16- Peladus
12- Xir
10- Periwinkle

attachment.php
[/sblock]
MM damage from Peladus (1d4+1=4)
Bite attack at Kona'i from wolf. (1d20+4=9, 1d6+2=7)
Xir Will save vs. DC 16 (1d20+5=18)
Wolf2 bite attack at Xir (1d20+5=17, 1d6+3=4)
Kona'i flurry of blows at Wolf 1 (1d20+3+1-2=3, 1d6+3=8, 1d20+3+1-2=9, 1d6+3=9)

Attachments

• PH2-Balthazar4.JPG
    PH2-Balthazar4.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,926

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I didn't post a move action for Peladus last round because I was waiting to see where the summoned wolf appeared. Once it did, Peladus would have moved forward 30 ft and cast his second Magic Missile spell.

If you're not happy with that, he'll move forward 30 ft this round and fire his crossbow at Wolf 1.

If you are happy that he moved last round, he'll move forward a further 20 ft this round and cast Ray of Frost. Since he's 30 ft from the wolf, Point Blank Shot applies, giving him a +1 on attack and damage.

I'll go ahead and post an attack with damage for each attack type, and leave you to apply the appropriate modifiers.

Ranged attack against Wolf 1: (1d20+3=9, 1d8=4, 1d3=1)[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with Peladus having moved 30' last round (to P4). So he moves 20' more this round (to L4) and casts ray of enfeeblement at the wolf, which looks like it misses with that roll.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Stepping aside the wolves towards the caster. He surges forward, trying to grab him.

OOC: Grapple time! The monk really should be doing this (that's they're thing), but Xir's here so hey. If B is unarmed, he doesn't get the AoO to stop Xir. Otherwise: Melee touch 21, 22 Grapple check and 2 nonlethal grapple damage.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle sees Peladus moving in closer. "Ooh, that's a good idea. Wait for me, I'm coming too!" she calls, hurrying after him. She nearly forgets to cast her spell, which does only trivial damage to the wolf.

ooc: 2 damage from magic missile. Periwinkle moves 30' closer, too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads