• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Out of the Frying Pan" - Book II: Catching the Spark (Part Two) - {complete}

madriel

First Post
Fav Villain has to be Richard the Red. We know he has a Mysterious Agenda, but this whole is he or isn't he enigma is very intriguing. I loved the way you had him simply appear in the local general store like that. Very cool.

Fav non-villain NPC is toss-up for me between Silverback and that loony cryptkeeper dude who kept going on about the party killing his undead family.

You have a great bunch of roleplayers, so I find it hard to single out any PC as my favourite. I have a feeling that the next session will be a big one and not just in terms of length. Sometimes I've found one or another PC boring, just to have them suddenly shine in the next session. It's a great group.

Sammael99

First Post
Favourite PC would have to be Ratchis. Simply because he's closest to the kind of PC I like to play (when I play, which is rarely) and because I just love 1/2 orcs. When rped well, they are really one of the most interesting races to play IMO.

Favourite non villain NPC Silverback rates high, but I think we're all biased by how recent he's been in the campaign. There were lots of cool NPCs before. Kamir, for example, was a very endearing character, a point made all the more painful by his gruesome demise...

Favourite villain, I'm still holding up for the evil gnome dude with pointy horns (I reckon he's the dragon...)

Metus

First Post
I'll have to be one of the many who say that Ratchis is my most favorite PC character. I really like how he's role-played, and the feeling that he exudes. My second fav PC character is Kazrack. He just seems like an all around nice guy. :)

My favorite non-villain NPC is Tirhas!!! She seems to be more like the elf I envision with fantasy, instead of a D&D elf. Plus I think she's just cool. Granted, a bit less after watching her fumble with her bow so many times, but still cool.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Grrrr.. .

Well damn!

I was all set to finish off the huge installment tonight - feeling very creative and even considering going on and starting on the next right afterward - when BOOM! I realize the copy I uploaded to my server space at work was not the most recent one!

So, we all must wait another 12 to 14 hours for this doozy to be posted. . .

I would give you some spoilers, but heck, I don't want to spoil it. :D

Cyronax

Explorer
Nemm, you sure are the showman. Always jacking up the suspense til we can't take it anymore..........

Waiting PATIENTLY,
C.I.D.

madriel

First Post
Hey, I'm glad you're not tossing out hints. There's other story hours that aren't too careful about that and nearly ruin the surprise. Takes away a bit of the fun of reading them. Besides, we know it'll be good whenever you post it.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Favorite Character: Kazrack.
He seems to be courageous, as committed to his ideals as Ratchis, and is a generally interesting character who I identify with.

Favorite Villain(s): The band of rapist dragonhunters the party met in the inn before the set of adventures with the gnomes and elves. They're just the kind of scum I see inhabiting the adventuring world--the guys who should be seen on the points of the heroes' swords but haven't actually done anything that would legally justify such action.

Favorite non-villain NPC: I'll second Tirhas for this role. She manages to be convincingly alien and elvish without being stereotypical.

Ziggy

First Post
Favorite PC is Ratchis, mainly because he has a beautiful back-story (posted in a separate thread, only on the old boards ?).

Favorite villain is definitely Richard the Red, I love "grey" characters, where you don't know exactly what their agenda is, and you have to guess whether they are good or evil.

I also loved Silverback, a lovely story. I wish we could see more of him.....

.Ziggy

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
For fav character, I cannot say... I like all of them, I cannot signal one as favorite.

Favorite villain? Richard the red. I like wicked evil(?) mages.

Favorite non-villain NPC? Silverback (I really loved that chapter!!!!) and Tirhas (for me she's a bit like anime elf, I imagine her a bit like Deedlit from Record of the Lodoss War).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads