• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I know that there's a lot of variations to how people play, but I've never met IRL anyone who uses flanking in 5e. IMO It's a poorly thought-out patch to make 5e play more like 3.5 (which is not something that I'd want 5e to do). I was surprised to find that some people think that it's a normal rule.

I know that there's a lot of variations to how people play, but I've never met IRL anyone who uses flanking in 5e. IMO It's a poorly thought-out patch to make 5e play more like 3.5 (which is not something that I'd want 5e to do). I was surprised to find that some people think that it's a normal rule.
Yeah, I think my group used it at the beginning when we started 5e but quickly realized it’s too easy to flank. Besides, it make the ‘aid another’ rule completely useless

The sudden appearance of... that giant creature, whatever it was, frightened Miss Imogen deeply. She had been holding back, hoping that this fight, any fight, could be avoided. But it was not to be. Time seemed to have frozen, her allies weren't attacking, and she didn't know why. But there was Weed, well, not weed, but whatever the magic had turned Weed into, and poor Kapalue was alone fighting that thing. Almost alone -- Ussal was there too. In the thick of it.

She needed to act.

With a speed that she had never before managed, Miss Imogen unleashed a volley of arrows into the Sauropod. Always aiming for the head, three of them lodging themselves.

OOC: Bonus action: Fighting Spirit +5 THP and advantage on all attacks until the end of the turn. (2 uses left)
Does the sauropod version keep resistances? I guess we'll see.

Action. Attack, using sharpshooter, with adv: 1d20+4=21 HIT for 1d8+14=17 damage
Extra Attack, using sharpshooter, with adv: 1d20+4=23 for 1d8+14=18 damage
Action Surge!
Action. Attack, using sharpshooter, with adv: 1d20+4=9 MISS
BUT: she's lucky. But not that lucky. (2 uses left)
Extra Attack, using sharpshooter, with adv: 1d20+4=17 for 1d8+14=20 damage

So that's a total of 3 hits, for 55 damage, or 28 damage if resistances are in effect.

I'll just add that the image of the transformed hag is truly offputting. Yuk! and awesome.
If the nighthag makes all her concentration checks, I’ll try hitting her with a dispel magic next round.

Remove ads