• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Alternate Art Cover Reveal

Alternate Player's Handbook cover art by Wylie Beckert.

Polygon revealed the alternate art for the 2024 Player's Handbook.

"Illustrated by Wylie Beckert, the alt art cover of the Player’s Handbook (2024) features a party comprised of D&D’s four iconic classes — the fighter, the wizard, the cleric, and the rogue — all gathered around a friendly gold dragon, sharing tea. This gentle scene stands in stark contrast to the mainline Player’s Handbook (2024), which will have a bright, bold cover by Tyler Jacobsen with similar characters posed in the moments before striking a blow."

0_DnD_PHB_ALT_Cvr_Full_Cvr.jpg.webp

Claug

Villager
US legal definition doesn't mean naughty word to the actual culture and what people consider white though. No one actually, in practices, considers Egpytians White or latinos White. You have to be really blind to reality and discrimination to see that.
I don't know about Egyptians or Arabs, so I won't comment about that, but as someone from Latin America, and specifically from Argentina, where most people are descendants of either Italians or Spaniards, a LOT of people from Latin America consider themselves white (and actually do look white, it's not just a matter of opinion). Unless you don't consider someone with European grandparents white just because they were born in Latin America.

Do you consider Anya Taylor-Joy white? She's a latina.

mamba

Legend
I mean, I know that, but that doesn’t stop it from being weird that there is usually not an option for mixed white and latina
you then need all kinds of mixes if you want to get into that kind of detail. Seems the US decided to handle this the same way the 2024 rules do ;)

Snapdragyn

Explorer
I like the main one a lot, but am really loving this one. It gives me a very Tolkein vibe, & I'm planning on trying to get this copy when they come out. I hope they're released at the same time as the regular covers so I don't have to wait.

TiQuinn

It's a gorgeous cover but I also don't think it really captures the game. Would've made a fantastic interior art page for the downtime section!

I don't know about Egyptians or Arabs, so I won't comment about that, but as someone from Latin America, and specifically from Argentina, where most people are descendants of either Italians or Spaniards, a LOT of people from Latin America consider themselves white (and actually do look white, it's not just a matter of opinion). Unless you don't consider someone with European grandparents white just because they were born in Latin America.

Do you consider Anya Taylor-Joy white? She's a latina.
Man that's Argentina. I dont' want to get into real world stuff here but we both know that's literally the whitest latin american country and is considered as such globally. And I also said there are def latinos that consider themselves white, but is not the average.

It's a nice piece of art, and breaks with the standard depiction of characters in the midst of some battle or physical danger nicely enough. I'd prefer it to typical post-1e covers.

Remove ads

Remove ads