• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Coming Murders & Acquisitions Coming Soon!

Shiv

Explorer
My little RPG passion project, Murders & Acquisitions, is coming to Kickstarter soon. M&A has been in development for over two years. It's very close to going to Kickstarter, to fund final artwork, some editing and layout, and a few other things.

Kickstarter Start Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016.

NerdBurger Games Website here. Check out the blog page for info.

http://www.nerdburgergames.com/

I ran a 2-hour special M&A event at AndoCon 2016. It's got a bit of a theme to it that I think you'll enjoy. If you wanna see how the game plays, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNuDvEXyPoU&feature=youtu.be

More info to come in the coming weeks.

NerdBurger Podcast here:

http://www.nerdburgershow.com/

Craig Campbell
Lead Designer, Murders & Acquisitions

allenw

Explorer
Psst! You'll probably get better response if you give readers some vague idea what your game actually is. I did click through to your website to find out today, but I didn't bother to do so yesterday; and I only did so today so I could snark at you here from a more informed position. ;-)

Shiv

Explorer
In response to allenw's request, here's the info from the now-under-development Kickstarter page.

Murders & Acquisitions is a tabletop RPG of subterfuge, espionage, intrigue, theft, and murder in an absurd corporate world. Everything you need to play will be contained in a single game book. A variety of PDF support materials will also be provided.

The players portray corporate go-getters who are willing to climb the corporate ladder by any means necessary. You might sabotage a rival’s pet project, destroy him socially, or simply kill him and cover it up. Lie, cheat, steal – it’s all fair game in a cut-throat corporate world.

Murders & Acquisitions utilizes a simple, dice-based system for task resolution. Skills are rated with a die type. You roll that skill die plus a d6 synergy die, add the results, and compare that to a target number. There are ways to bump the die types up or down based on circumstances as well as ways to gain additional dice to roll. Each action is resolved with one die roll. Success/failure, as well as degree of success/failure, is built into that one die roll.

The core game is set in an alternate version of our own real world. Stretch goals will add a series of modular add-on rules that bring a variety of fantastical elements to the game. These add-on rules can be mixed and matched to create a more complex, unique version of the Murders & Acquisitions game for the players.

Shiv

Explorer
There's a whole bunch of new stuff on the NerdBurger Games Blog page.

Final front cover.
News on editing and layout.
Glimpses of the Kickstarter page.

Kickstarter Start Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016.

Shiv

Explorer
A quick request. I'm looking for RPG podcasts I might appear on to introduce my game and help boost the signal for the Kickstarter.

Any suggestions? The KS is mere weeks away and I'd like to market the ever-living crap out of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads