• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mithril or Black Dragon Skin?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
A bit of background:
So a while back I bought and painted up a bunch of minis for my players. All Dwarves in shiny silver mithril plate armour. The PCs had a bunch'o'mithril and one of the players was a budding weaponsmith so I figured it was only a matter of time till they were all shiny and so forth. BUT they later got some black dragon skin, enough to make armour for everyone. Somewhat to my surprise they are all now running around in black plate armour and those minis I painted are somewhat inaccurate. Now, I'm not miffed by this (well, not much) but I was surprised when they chose the black dragon skin over the mithril. I would have gone the mithril.

So, my question to you is: What would your PC wear? Mithril, Black Dragon Skin or something else? What is IN this season in your campaign world?

Furry_Thing

First Post
lawfulgood.jpg

Furry_Thing

First Post
Well, in an actual D&D game they'd be real babies, which kind of lets the caption make sense. Separates evil from Evil. Or D&D from HackMaster. One of those. :D

Kmart Kommando

First Post
That sounds like some sort of alien bondage gear. Nice.

I just don't get the guy dressed in cupie dolls.
just think how much restriction you'd have doing anything in that suit...then you're at just about where Lawful Good meets 'Alignment-as-a-weapon-against-the-PCs' style DMing.
Or more specifically, 'Turning-Paladins-into-crappy-Fighters' style DMing.

Remove ads