• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

May '08 What are you reading?

evildmguy

Explorer
Reflex - sequel to Jumper. It has started out well.

Various Exalted sourcebooks.

Waiting for the new Sookie book by Charlaine Harris.

edg

Darkwolf71

First Post
The Mascot: Unraveling the Mystery of My Jewish Father's Nazi Boyhood
Picked it up last night, it's about a 6 year old boy who survived a Nazi raid on his village and escaped, only to be 'rescued' after a winter living in the forest by a troop of SS who, not knowing he was Jewish, made him their 'mascot'. 60 years later his son went on a search for the truth of what his father went through.

A bit heavier than my normal taste, but even though I've only read part of the intro it seems very good.

Storm Raven

First Post
The World Without Us, a book that considers what would happen to the world if humans disappeared overnight. How long would it take before New York City fell to pieces (not long, the whole of Manhattan would probably be eroded from underneath quickly), what animals would thrive in our absence, and what animals would vanish (no more roaches in New York - they all die because they freeze to death; cattle would likely be easy pickings for predators and so on).

Next I have the June issue of the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, and then a pile of Arthur C. Clarke stuff to wade through.

awayfarer

First Post
I'm mostly been reading various school texts. Currently going over Chekhov's "The Cherry Orchard", "Three Sisters", and "The Seagull" for my Comedy class. Recently went over "The Importance of Being Earnest" and "Lady Windermere's Fan" for that same course.

I'll be reading "The Swimmer" for my Intro to Creative Writing course for Tuesday. My father really liked the movie adaptation of that story. No one knows why.

For leisure I've taken to some of Oscar Wilde's short stories. I also picked up Franz Kafka's "The Trial"

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Continuing to read through The Best of Robert E. Howard Vol 1, and will read Vol 2 when complete. Hopefully when I finish off both of these then I can read the final book in the Potter series in paperback.

As my birthday present to myself, I bought a new copy of Dune to continue my annual reading of it. The old copy is uh...falling apart from being read so much.

Starman

Adventurer
I'm almost done with The Warrior Prophet by R. Scott Bakker and then I will move on to the final book of the trilogy, The Thousandfold Thought. I've also been reading my Midnight books, gearing up for the PbP game I am going to run.

Wombat

First Post
Picked up KJ Parker's latest trilogy -- The Engineer Trilogy. I'm about halfway through Devices & Desires at the moment.

Of course the big question is ... who the heck is KJ Parker, anyway? I know the name is a pseudonym, but apparently there is a thought the writer is really Tom Holt. Info? Thoughts?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads