• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Is 5th edition too big for there to be a 6th edition?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I would say that Paizo has had more "mature" content than WotC's D&D (in its current edition). Runelords alone is more gory, violent, and disturbing than even D&D's horror-themed campaign adventure.
Then look at this monster, which is basically a rape demon. Yeah, Pathfinder is gritty.
“Rape demon” doesn’t really say “gritty” to me, so much as “edgy.” Fortunately the writing of PF2 seems to be handled with more maturity.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I would say that Paizo has had more "mature" content than WotC's D&D (in its current edition). Runelords alone is more gory, violent, and disturbing than even D&D's horror-themed campaign adventure.
Then look at this monster, which is basically a rape demon. Yeah, Pathfinder is gritty.
Parasitoid, technically? Like the Alien franchise. Or traditional D&D Carrion Crawler, for that matter.

Zardnaar

Legend
You jest, but honestly when climate collapse throws us into the next dark age, what else are the survivors going to do to entertain themselves?

I wasn't joking, my 1E DMG and one of the PHB have stitch binding, my original 5E PHB and MM have cracked binding.

Modern binding is cheap and nasty. Basically glued together.

Early 1E books are probably good for a few hundred years.

darjr

I crit!
I wish I could get a set of 5e books with stitch binding on 1e style paper. Beedle and Grimm do you hear me?

What is that paper called anyway?

Remove ads