• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I Found an RPG Book at the Grocery Store

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, this morning I went to Safeway (one of the big regional grocery stores in Northern California) for some milk and chicken. When I got in the checkout line, I saw something on the magazine rack that I had to get:

20230730_141044.jpg

A 96 page magazine style sourcebook written by Jeff Ashworth and illustrated by Jasmine Kalle, full of tables for generating encounters with fully illustrated maps.

20230730_141153.jpg

I just had to get it, to reward these folks for getting a glossy magazine full of 5E content inside a grocery store of all places. It looks like these folks have a good number of products for sale on Amazon as well, anybody have experience with this line?

20230730_141321.jpg
20230730_141331.jpg
20230730_141345.jpg

Dire Bare

Legend
I haven't picked any of these books yet, but I've seen them on Amazon, on DriveThruRPG, and in my local Barnes & Noble. They managed pretty decent market penetration . . . .

Each book gets a little more slick with the quality of the cover and all . . . they seem to be popular and are probably pretty decent.

That is pretty cool! I would like WOTC experiment with this format for stuff that might add value to the game as a whole but doesn't quite fit into their vision of the big hardback books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I haven't picked any of these books yet, but I've seen them on Amazon, on DriveThruRPG, and in my local Barnes & Noble. They managed pretty decent market penetration . . . .

Each book gets a little more slick with the quality of the cover and all . . . they seem to be popular and are probably pretty decent.
Yeah, having rewarded them for getting their product into a standard grocery store and having been going through it this afternoon...I would recommend!

Remove ads