• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Help me create the next stage of Ogre!

Roman

First Post
The party in my game is going to travel to an area east of the main empire. The area is essentially controlled by Ogres. The party is of quite high level about 13 or 14. In any case, I need the next 'stage' of Ogre - the first 'power stage' being ordinary Ogres and the second being Ogre Mages. Any design suggestions?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Advanced Psionic War Ogres.

- Burst at will
- Stomp 3/day
- Expansion 3/day
- Tower of Iron Will 1/day

Manifester level = HD.

-- N

JimAde

First Post
You can always template them, of course. Half-dragon or Half-Fiend ogre mages would be nasty.

And class levels can be very effective. Barbarian levels or sorcerer levels thrown onto an ogre mage could work.

I wonder if Ogre Mages qualify for any cool prestige classes based on their spell-like abilities.

Syndrome

First Post
Could always use the Irda from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting. They were fairly brutal. :) And Irda are called 'High Ogres', so it is even thematic with what you want to do.

Another option would be to apply a template to the Ogre Mage as was suggested by JimAde - depending on your campaign maybe apply Fey, or Celestial, or Fiendish as templates to a standard Ogre Mage, then call them High Ogres.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads