• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Greyhawk and Dragonlance on DM's Guild

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I... huh?

That's what @delericho seems to have noticed, I presume checking the storefront for new user released content: until recently, only the Settings available for upload would appear when narrowing down to DMsGuild content (as opposed to say D&D Classics, which has covered older Settings up yo now). Now, Greyhawk and Dragonlance are registering for DMsGuild, though there are no products for either under DMsGuild at this moment (publicly visible?).

In other words, the list in my second screenshot ought to match the list in the DMsGuild documents. But now Dragonlance and Greyhawk are in on the action.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That wasn’t there before?

Nope, sure wasn't, not if "DMsGuild" was selected under Content. Dragonlance and Greyhawk used to disappear along with Dark Sun, Planescape and Plane Shift as they are not uploadable options for DMsGuild users.

That they appear now suggests that someone is doing something on the back end with Dragonlance and Greyhawk as uploadable options.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In comparison, tye available Settings for Guild Adept and Adventurers League products:

Screenshot_20190928-195229.png

Screenshot_20190928-195300.png

As others have said, it looks like those settings are not actually available (yet?) to DMsG creators, and that someone on the backend is making changes and either intentionally or not those options on the filter have changed. I've asked in the Creator's Circle and will let you know what I hear.

The problem with Dragonlance is what would you even do with it? The War of the Lance is intimately tied to certain characters.
There is a better setting for the consequences of war in Eberron.
There is the pre Cataclysm period. But in that time period Good was no better and actively worse than Evil.
I suppose it could be a setting to play in if you hate elves. Dragonlance elves are jerks. Dragonlance gnomes and gully dwarves and kender are horrid little gits also.

Last edited:

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
The problem with Dragonlance is what would you even do with it?
Drag Draconians out of there to go and buddy it up with the Dragonborn as they go off on quests to find somewhere they can settle and live some relatively chill and peaceful lives

Spelljammer: Every other setting is extra content for you.

Remove ads