• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Example of play?

When I first skimmed my 4E books, I could have sworn that I saw an example of play à la the 1E DMG (which ends with the gnome being lifted by his buddies to examine a hole where he is messily devoured by ghouls), but now I can't find it. Does anyone have a book and page reference?

Danceofmasks

First Post
PHB p10.
Although, I would recommend the Penny Arcade/PvP podcasts ... they're made of hilarious (even though the rules weren't fully hashed out when they played .. and the DM forgot a bunch of stuff).

Lauberfen

First Post
Problem with that example of play is that it doesn't include combat, and there is no example of combat anywhere- shame because it would have helped, especially in a game very focussed in fairly intricate combats.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I'd like to echo what was said above - the Penny Arcade podcasts are great and help demonstrate that 4e is still D&D. At least, they're very similar to my 3.x games!

Cheers

Richard

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads