• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edition War Across the Net or Where Have You Been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm4hire

Explorer
This isn't about the Edition War itself, outside of the fact that I am amazed at where I am finding it brought up. Besides enWorld, I have participated or seen the Edition War brought up in several places. Whether this speaks to how severe the divide is or just to how many of us frequent the same places isn't really my question.

I personally have found it at AEG, Amazon, Blackmoore, Goodman Games, Green Ronin, Paizo, Ubiquity, White Wolf, WotC, and today at Bioware in the Dragon Age forums.

So where have you found the Edition War debated in your adventures across the web?

Please keep this to discussing where you have found it and not about the actual Edition War. Thanks!

Shemeska

Adventurer
It was worse over on the WotC boards, but eventually many of the non-4e fans just abandoned the place after the abuse they saw at some of the more extreme fanboys (the 4vengers, etc).

I've also seen it over on the Paizo boards, and even on 4chan and a few other imageboards where the community was just as divided as it was here and other places actually focused on RPGs.

Silversun

Banned
Banned
I guess I've been under a rock.

If I hadn't I don't think I'd have taken a stand anyway. I like 3E/Pathfinder AND 4E equally. They're both interesting sytems and I hope I'm going to continue to play them until the day I die.

Subumloc

First Post
Each and every Italian rpg community.
MTGsalvation (a forum about Magic the Gathering, esp. fluffwise)
Aintitcoolnews and pretty much every other site with a review of 4e.
Even Tvtropes.

jensun

First Post
It was worse over on the WotC boards, but eventually many of the non-4e fans just abandoned the place after the abuse they saw at some of the more extreme fanboys (the 4vengers, etc).
Your attempt to paint such events as terribly one sided is both obvious and dishonest.

Is_907

First Post
It was worst for me on Amazon... I try to read product reviews and often the message boards have good product suggestions etc but anything D&D related on those boards is horrible.

Mournblade94

Adventurer

I've also seen it over on the Paizo boards, and even on 4chan and a few other imageboards where the community was just as divided as it was here and other places actually focused on RPGs.

That would be my assessment as well. Just making supergroups to attempt to prove how great your favored edition is, is rather juvenile. I am glad I have not been there in a long time.

Your attempt to paint such events as terribly one sided is both obvious and dishonest.

There is nothing dishonest about it, though there were vocal older fans. The ire was definitely on the 'supergroup' side.

I saw it on a movie forum as well. Someone called the new STAR TREK the 4e of Star Trek.

I however liked the new STAR TREK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads