• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did Charles Stross write a follow-up article on the githyanki for "White Dwarf"?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
The Wikipedia article on githyanki alleged that he did a follow-up article that appeared in "White Dwarf" #76 (April 1986). I looked in that issue, and in #75 and #77, but did not find such an article. Can anyone help find if this article exists, and if so which issue it was in?

Ranes

Adventurer
I've looked but I haven't found anything in several issues either side of WD76. All I've found so far is his Zytra, Lord of the Mind Flayers piece, which appeared in WD33's Fiend Factory (the same issue in which I have a Traveller contribution, coincidentally). Anyway, I'm sofa-bound with man flu at the moment, so I'll keep looking.

Ranes

Adventurer
I bring sad tidings.

After the original githyanki FF entry in in WD12, there are references to it in letters (WD17, 19, 24, 35, 41), the FF poll results in WD18 (in which it came sixth), a WD47 article on demonists in which the spell Summons Army (sic) can manifest a githyanki war party, WD76 (alas, they only feature in a figure painting article by Joe Dever) and WD89, in which they pop up in the name of a games group advertising in the classifieds section.

I checked only as far as 89. I'm fairly confident I didn't miss something as significant as an article but it's possible; my eyes were glazing over at some points.

Had WD commissioned Charles Stross to write a follow-up, I'm sure they would have run it, unless it was scheduled for inclusion then pushed out for some reason, never to find another slot.

I just dunno.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Thanks for checking - the prospect was exciting, but I can't say I am surprised that such a thing doesn't exist. I will have to remove that from the Wikipedia article.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads