• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dan Dillon Details 18 Giant Enclaves from Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants

These are WONDERFUL locations and hooks for high level play, and even if you don't like using giants as monsters, the majority of them can use any kinds of monsters to populate them. They would all fit so well into my campaign setting.

My setting is a new world that manifested in the Material Plane only a couple hundred years ago, crafted in the Worldforge of the Elemental Planes by giants, genie-kind, elementals, and celestials, to become a new home for displaced survivors of mortal civilizations, after their old worlds (a scattering of long forgotten realms) were annihilated by the Elder Elemental Evil of Destruction (guess who).

We get to play with exploring a world that needs discovered and tamed. The architects created "foundations" of fantasical locations, buildings, and cities throughout the world for mortals to explore for claiming and settling. There are always cooler, larger than life aspects to these places and the settlers may not even know all the secrets of their new homes. They also created and sometimes populated dungeons that house secrets and magics for mortals to discover when they have the power to find and claim them. Between those two themes, it's like a scavenger hunt of wonder to collect knowledge, magic, wealth, and bastions for settling.

It's very primal, with elemental nodes bringing elemental energy to the world, flying earthmotes, newer mortal realms vying for prominence, or at least a place in the world, a hidden hollow world, and so many secrets to uncover.

As a DM, I am stoked for this product! It really fits my needs!

I have so much fun worldbuilding for others to explore, that if I was a worldbuilder in a fantasy cosmology, I'd fill that world with wonder, adventure, treasure, and creatures great and small seeking all that treasure. So that is the theme of the world. It's a world filled with dungeons and dragons.

It’s called marketing, they want us to get excited for it and buy it
Promotion, not marketing.

Marketing includes a lot more than this. Product design, art choices, market research, price point, channel choices for distribution, etc.

(Sorry, I'm a marketing wonk, and way too many people shrug off the majority of our work which isn't promotional work - research & product design especially).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have so much fun worldbuilding for others to explore, that if I was a worldbuilder in a fantasy cosmology, I'd fill that world with wonder, adventure, treasure, and creatures great and small seeking all that treasure. So that is the theme of the world. It's a world filled with dungeons and dragons.
Building two new campaign world recently, reverse engineering "but why are there ruins full of dungeons and dragons" has been a lot of fun, especially with the personal rule of having each world have different reasons and differing results.

Huge fan of Dan Dillon (he and I met through the big FB 5e group that he was one of the mods for), great to see him working full time in the D&D team.

Anything I say about the book you can take with a grain of salt, since all the maps they showed in the video are ones I drew.

Last edited:

Promotion, not marketing.

Marketing includes a lot more than this. Product design, art choices, market research, price point, channel choices for distribution, etc.

(Sorry, I'm a marketing wonk, and way too many people shrug off the majority of our work which isn't promotional work - research & product design especially).
Dyson, I LOVE your maps as they are perfect for my world. There is such variety and often have something unique about them that sparks my interest for showcasing something exotic and fun. I very much appreciate your imagination and high quality. Thank you.

Remove ads