• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Customised Red Box dungeon map by Frank Mentzer

Big Mac

Explorer
Crossposted from the Classic D&D forum at The Piazza:
Big Mac at The Piazza said:
Breaking news! One hour ago on Facebook:
Frank Mentzer on Facebook said:
A friend/fan asked me to draw The Original Dungeon for him... his first, the "intro" caves from RedBox. So I did, and added a couple of new rooms, scribbled on it...

He framed it. He also said "You could sell these, y'know."

Well, I dunno. But I'll give it a shot, who knows?

Anyhoo, here is an auction on eBay: D&D Red Box Intro Dungeon * Hand-drawn & Personalized by Mentzer

Frank Mentzer on eBay said:
D&D Red Box Intro Dungeon * Hand-drawn & Personalized by Mentzer
$_12.JPG

This is the cave map depicted in the Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set of 1983.
For millions of new players, this was their First D&D Adventure.

The creator of the famous Red Box rules, Frank Mentzer, will draw this dungeon map by hand, using pencil and ink.
And it'll also have an additional unpublished section (with brief notes) created especially for you, the winning buyer.

This classic map will be drawn on standard graph paper, and carefully protected against the ravages of snailmail.
And it will be personalized with an inscription to you, signed by Frank.

Please note: This offer may appear more than once. If so, every map will be different, and each will be personally drawn and inscribed, as above.

There have already been 14 bids (by eight bidders) and the price has shot up from $10.00 USD to $76.00 USD.

There are six days left for the auction to end.

(Do take note that Frank said that he may do this more than once. So don't go too crazy with your bids.)

This was originally posted on Saturday Jun 19th and the auction has now gone up to $265.00 USD!

JeffB

Legend
Very cool.

I have Frank's table copies of the red and blue books from BITD. All his handwritten errata is in it, etc. I got them for my son several years ago when Frank generously offered them to me for the price of postage (I sent him a fair bit more) He signed them too. . My son , now almost 15 still doesn't quite get the cool factor, but when he gets older I am sure he will.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads