Converting "Real World" Animals and Vermin

Cleon

Legend
Yes, exactly. But we also gave it a small Intimidate bonus, so we should mention that somewhere.

I'm starting to lose energy over here, I think I'll call it a day and relax with a beer and a Shaw Brothers movie.

Hopefully we can think of some Black Boobrie tactics tomorrow.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hmmm.

Black boobries buffet their prey to the ground, then stab with their beaks. Sometimes, they will puff their feathers out in an attempt to discourage larger prey, giving them a better chance at a meal.

Cleon

Legend
Hmmm.

Black boobries buffet their prey to the ground, then stab with their beaks. Sometimes, they will puff their feathers out in an attempt to discourage larger prey, giving them a better chance at a meal.

We said the Great Boobrie uses Intimidation to escape peril, but you want the weaker Black Boobrie to use it to threaten things that are likely to kill it? Wouldn't it make more sense to reuse the same feather puff text for both?

Something like...

Black boobries usually ambush prey by lunging out from reed beds. They typically try to wing-buffet their opponent to the ground, then stab them with their beaks. Like most sensible predators, a black boobrie may flee from a losing fight. A threatened boobrie sometimes escapes from a superior enemy by puffing out its head-feathers and intimidating them.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, that will work, but I was just aiming for something different. We could also let the Great Boobrie use Intimidate to make some critters easier to kill. But I'm really mostly happy to get these wrapped up.

Cleon

Legend
Well, that will work, but I was just aiming for something different. We could also let the Great Boobrie use Intimidate to make some critters easier to kill. But I'm really mostly happy to get these wrapped up.

Well I'm not sure why the two Boobrie species would use their feather-puffing that differently. If you want their tactics to apply it to "prey" as well as "threats" we can easily modify the last sentence.

Remove ads