• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Psionic Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I wanted to cut any mechanical effect of the flickering. I meant that we could put in a fluff line into Maternal Glow for the wingless wonder: The maternal glow of a wingless wonder flickers for one round after the wonder uses its wonderblast. But maybe that's not worth it. I'm just as happy ignoring the flickering bit altogether.

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
I wanted to cut any mechanical effect of the flickering. I meant that we could put in a fluff line into Maternal Glow for the wingless wonder: The maternal glow of a wingless wonder flickers for one round after the wonder uses its wonderblast. But maybe that's not worth it. I'm just as happy ignoring the flickering bit altogether.

Whichever makes you happier. :)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't think we need to change the fluff from one critter to the other. But, as a vegetarian, I'm don't like saying that their diet is "mostly vegetarian." I'd say instead, "Most of their diet is plant matter, supplemented by whatever small animals come within reach of their tentacles."

Cleon

Legend
I don't think we need to change the fluff from one critter to the other. But, as a vegetarian, I'm don't like saying that their diet is "mostly vegetarian." I'd say instead, "Most of their diet is plant matter, supplemented by whatever small animals come within reach of their tentacles."

How about substituting that paragraph with:

Most of an alkada's diet is vegetation, supplemented by whatever small animals come within reach of their tentacles. An alkada's favorite food is ripe fruit, but they will eat almost any living (or once living) thing they can fit into their mouths. They can live off carrion, kitchen refuse and animal wastes provided they occasionally dine on fresh plants. Alkada never attack each other, but will feed off a dead alkada once it is rotting.

Cleon

Legend
That'll work.

Updating the Walking Egg Working Draft and Wingless Wonder Working Draft.

Do we need anything else, or are these mercifully done?

That depends on whether you want to write up the wonderform spell(s). :devil:

While updating I realized we forgot to mention the retractile tentacles, so I've split the first paragraph to mention that.

I think we've finished with the crunch & fluff. If we decide to add the wonderform spell we can slap it on as a subentry.

Should we add a note to explain that the "Walking Egg" is based on the Secrets of the Magister (2000) version of the Wingless Wonder?

Remove ads