• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Mortis

First Post
AC9 said:
and always make their Saving Throws against magical fires
As well as the fire resistance 15, should we also give them a bonus to their reflex saves against fire?

I know that as a dragon type they get immunity to sleep and paralysis, but I would be quite happy giving them a special ability (penalty) that negates that immunity. Thoughts?

Regards
Mortis

Mortis

First Post
I assume you're asking about the second suggestion/query, but I'll answer for both.

a. because they always make their save.

b. because it's something the original didn't have and I don't see why the conversion should have it (other than it is a feature of the dragon type).

I do expect to lose on suggestion b though. ;)

I guess, for my campaign I'll just strip them of it (and darkvision)

Regards
Mortis

Cleon

Legend
As well as the fire resistance 15, should we also give them a bonus to their reflex saves against fire?

I know that as a dragon type they get immunity to sleep and paralysis, but I would be quite happy giving them a special ability (penalty) that negates that immunity. Thoughts?

Regards
Mortis

I'd rather make them Magical Beasts like a Dragonne than let them have immunity to sleep and paralysis.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads