Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
What about making them vulnerable to gentle repose or something similar?

In what way?

Give it a vulnerability?
have it break the Rejuvenation (assuming we give it Rejuvenation, that is)? Add it to the Create Spawn's prevention criteria?

e.g.: "Furthermore, a kyokotsu can not form from a corpse that has been affected by the turn undead special ability or any spell that weakens undead or protects against decay or evil, such as hallow, gentle repose, or protection from evil."

Shade

Monster Junkie
In what way?

Give it a vulnerability?
have it break the Rejuvenation (assuming we give it Rejuvenation, that is)? Add it to the Create Spawn's prevention criteria?

e.g.: "Furthermore, a kyokotsu can not form from a corpse that has been affected by the turn undead special ability or any spell that weakens undead or protects against decay or evil, such as hallow, gentle repose, or protection from evil."

That looks pretty good, sans the "turn undead special ability" part. Can you turn undead on a dead corpse? It seems we'd be opening Pandora's box with that bit. B-)

Cleon

Legend
That looks pretty good, sans the "turn undead special ability" part. Can you turn undead on a dead corpse? It seems we'd be opening Pandora's box with that bit. B-)

There's nothing in the rules about undead having to be present for a cleric to attempt to turn undead, so why not? :)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
In fact, some sources suggest using turn undead specifically to do other things (for example, open special secret doors in temples, etc). I'd be happy with what Cleon proposes.

But I still don't really like Rejuvenation for them.

Cleon

Legend
In fact, some sources suggest using turn undead specifically to do other things (for example, open special secret doors in temples, etc). I'd be happy with what Cleon proposes.

But I still don't really like Rejuvenation for them.

Well you could always grin and bear it. :D

So, shall I add Rejuvenation to the Working Draft? That'll just leave the flavour and tactics, I believe.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Tactics: Kyokotsu spring upon their victims from hiding, delighting in surprising victims by appearing out small holes and cracks.

Remove ads